A winning Mastercraftsman colt named Dance of Life was bought for a sale record €400,000 (US$445,061) July 1, the final day of the Arqana summer sale, which closed with record sales.
A pair of 3-year-olds offered in close succession during day two of the Arqana summer sale July 2 each sold for the sale-topping price of â‚¬380,000 (US$ 421,560), a record price for the two-day auction.
Boosted by demand for 2-year-olds in training and a healthy National Hunt market, the Arqana summer sale closed July 4 with a record in total receipts.
The Arqana summer sale at Deauville in France is scheduled for July 2-4.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Roca Rojo Closes for Athenia Victory
- Seven-Time Group I Winner Buffering Retired
- California Chrome Powerful Late in BC Drill
- WinStar Farm Sets 2017 Stud Fees
- Elektrum Surges at Wire to Win Dowager
- China Horse Club Buys into California Chrome
- Gainesway Colts Among Hips to Watch