A winning Mastercraftsman colt named Dance of Life was bought for a sale record €400,000 (US$445,061) July 1, the final day of the Arqana summer sale, which closed with record sales.
A pair of 3-year-olds offered in close succession during day two of the Arqana summer sale July 2 each sold for the sale-topping price of â‚¬380,000 (US$ 421,560), a record price for the two-day auction.
Boosted by demand for 2-year-olds in training and a healthy National Hunt market, the Arqana summer sale closed July 4 with a record in total receipts.
The Arqana summer sale at Deauville in France is scheduled for July 2-4.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Welcome Home, Charismatic
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Revolutionary Equine Waste Recycling System
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31