Around the Cape, a New York graded course-record setter, will enter stud and Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds near Saratoga Springs, N.Y.
Unbridled Sidney, ridden by Corey Lanerie, rocketed to the front and never looked back en route to a 1 1/4-length victory in Friday's $285,000 Cherokee Run Breeders' Cup on the turf at Churchill Downs.
Remarkable News, a 4-year-old Venezuelan-bred trained by Angel Penna Jr., seeks his second stakes win in the $100,000 Poker Handicap (gr. III) Sunday on the turf at Belmont Park.
Around the Cape avoided trouble in the stretch run under Cornelio Velasquez to capture the $111,500 Jaipur (gr. IIIT) at six furlongs on the Belmont Park inner turf course in track-record time Sunday.
Not Phone, fresh off a track record performance earlier this month, is the horse to beat in Sunday's $100,000 Jaipur (gr. IIIT) at six furlongs on the Belmont Park Widener Turf Course.
Tampa shippers Atticus Kristy and Around the Cape ran one-two in the $115,000 Shakertown (gr. IIIT) on the Keeneland turf Friday.
In a pair of stakes for 3-year-old sprinters on the Illinois Derby undercard at Hawthorne Saturday, Smoke Smoke Smoke rolled to an impressive win over Santana Strings in the $143,650 Lost Code Breeders' Cup while the filly Portsea handled favored Magascape in the $144,000 Meafara BC.
Lost in the Fog raced his way into the Triple Crown picture Saturday when the 3-year-old son of Lost Soldier rolled to a 4 3/4-length victory in the $150,000 Swale Stakes (gr. II) at Gulfstream Park.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Final Work for Haskell
- American Pharoah Will Dictate Race Schedule
- CDI Plans to Demolish Calder Grandstand
- Darby Dan Promotes Hammond to Vice Chairman
- Solow Aims to Keep Win Streak Alive in Sussex
- Frac Daddy Retired With Suspensory Strain
- United Tote Renews With Keeneland, Red Mile
- Small Farm Yields Big Returns for Smith
- It's Wait and See for Large WV Derby Field
- WVRC Votes to Hire New Drug-Testing Lab