Arnold Zetcher has been appointed to the board of directors of the Thoroughbred Owners of California.
Arnold Zetcher's 5-year-old California-bred mare House of Fortune drew off on the far turn of Saturday's $500,000 Sunshine Millions Ocala Breeders' Sales Distaff at Gulfstream Park and steered clear for a commanding 6 ½-length victory.
Southern California invader House of Fortune may have punched her ticket for the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I) thanks to a convincing 1 3/4-length win in the $200,000 Fantasy Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies at Oaklawn Park Friday.
Arnold Zetcher's House of Fortune ran away to a 17-length victory over three outclassed rivals in the $77,025 California Oaks at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Owner Arnold Zetcher hopes to close out a memorable year with House of Fortune Sunday in the $355,500 Hollywood Starlet (gr. I), a 1 1/16-mile test for 2-year-old fillies.
Making his third United States start, French import Fairly Ransom put it all together to win the $300,000 Del Mar Derby (gr. IIT) on the grass Saturday by 1 1/4 length over Devious Boy and Sweet Return.
American Handicap (gr. IIT) hero Candy Ride, getting ready for his next start in the $1 million Pacific Classic (gr. I), worked six furlongs in a bullet 1:11 over a fast main track at Del Mar Saturday morning.
Most Popular Stories
- Musselman Drops Lawsuit Against Churchill
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Slideshow: Top 10 Races of 2014
- Disco Rico Euthanized After Laminitis Battle
- Marketer Voluntarily Recalls Equine Gastric Ulcer Product
- Horsemen, Suffolk Downs Continue Discussion
- Casino Could Negatively Impact Finger Lakes
- Trainer Wells Pleads Guilty to Rigging Races
- Durkin to Receive Eclipse Award of Merit
- Baffert Seeks 7th Futurity Win with Dortmund