Free Fighter, unplaced in two starts since upsetting the Louisville Handicap (gr. IIIT) in May, is back to defend his title in the $100,000 Stars and Stripes Turf Stakes (gr. IIIT) at Arlington Park Aug. 21.
It took Al Khali five tries, but he finally got his graded stakes score Sept. 6 at Saratoga, running down the two pacesetters in mid-stretch and taking the $107,000 Saranac (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths.
The Christophe Clement trained duo of Sal the Barber and Armstrong Mill lead a field of eight in the $100,000-added Saranac (gr. IIIT) Sept. 6 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Untapped Takes First Steps Toward Filling Big Shoes
- First Foal by Fast Anna Born in New York
- End of Fair Grounds Quarantine Appears to be on Horizon
- Remains of Glacial Princess to be Moved to Old Friends
- Keeneland Announces Spring Meet Stakes Schedule
- Japan Gets a NY Filly as His First Foal
- Texas Chrome Named Texas Horse of the Year
- Spendthrift Juvenile Stallion Stakes to Add Filly Race
- The Big Beast Gets a Florida-Bred Colt as First Foal
- Cathryn Sophia Voted Top Midlantic-Bred for 2016