Speedy mare La Tia will look to capture her third straight graded stakes and fifth overall in the $200,000 Buena Vista Stakes (gr. IT) at one mile on the turf Feb. 16 at Santa Anita Park.
Front-running La Tia, shipping in from Chicago, led all the way to earn her first grade I victory in the $300,000 Matriarch Stakes on the concluding day of the Del Mar fall meet Nov. 30.
Front-running La Tia, under extreme pressure in the final sixteenth from the onrushing Byrama and Overheard, rebuffed her challengers for a neck victory in the $200,000 Athenia Stakes (gr. IIIT) on yielding turf at Belmont.
Salvador Hernandez's homebred La Tia made a tour de force of the $144,053 Ontario Matron Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine July 26, leading wire to wire and drawing off at the end to best eight other fillies and mares.
Salvador Hernandez's La Tia displayed her affinity for her home track May 24 in the $150,000 Arlington Matron (gr. III), romping wire-to-wire under E.T. Baird in the 1 1/8-mile Polytrack event at Arlington Park.
Arlington Oaks winner La Tia is after her second grade III victory, but could have her work cut out for her May 24 when invader Moment in Dixie comes in for the $150,000 Arlington Matron Stakes (gr. III).
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Ramseys Go It Alone with Oscar Nominated
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Gryder Seeks First Derby With Trojan Nation
- Nyquist Jogs, Schools at Churchill Downs