Last at the head of the stretch, 35-1 shot Lisa M picked her way between rivals for jockey Carlos Marquez Jr. to arrive in time for a nose victory over Sutra in the $120,000 Arlington-Washington Breeders' Cup Lassie (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at rainy Arlington Park Sunday.
Illinois-bred filly Original Spin, who races in the colors of the Russell L. Reineman Stable Inc., rallied four-wide in the stretch to win the $147,000 Arlington-Washington Breeders' Cup Lassie (gr. III) by 4 ¼ lengths in her second career start.
Two-year-olds of both sexes take center stage on Sunday in a pair of grade III races that are part of closing day at Arlington Park this season.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah 'Went Great' in Slop at CD
- Hard Not to Like Skims Rail, Takes Gamely
- Street Story Flies to Winning Colors Win
- G. G. Ryder Swoops to All American Win
- Majestic City Strong in Lone Star Handicap
- Mulhall, Former Racing Manager, Dies at 76
- Monmouth Reports Strong Memorial Day Weekend
- Filly First Winner for Twirling Candy
- American Pharoah Continues Churchill Training
- Distinctiv Passion Wires Field in Los Angeles