Last at the head of the stretch, 35-1 shot Lisa M picked her way between rivals for jockey Carlos Marquez Jr. to arrive in time for a nose victory over Sutra in the $120,000 Arlington-Washington Breeders' Cup Lassie (gr. III) for 2-year-old fillies at rainy Arlington Park Sunday.
Illinois-bred filly Original Spin, who races in the colors of the Russell L. Reineman Stable Inc., rallied four-wide in the stretch to win the $147,000 Arlington-Washington Breeders' Cup Lassie (gr. III) by 4 ¼ lengths in her second career start.
Two-year-olds of both sexes take center stage on Sunday in a pair of grade III races that are part of closing day at Arlington Park this season.
Most Popular Stories
- Catch a Glimpse in Good Order After Nassau Scare
- Cupid Returns From Layoff to Win Gold Cup
- Lady Eli Digs in to Win Gamely
- Always Dreaming Officially Ruled Out of Belmont Stakes
- Werther Goes the Distance in Hong Kong
- Rubilinda Impresses as Frankel’s First US Winner
- Starship Jubilee Much the Best in Nassau Stakes
- Tapwrit Works Toward Belmont; True Timber Confirmed
- Irish War Cry Returns to Worktab; Belmont Run Possible
- Churchill Completes Rare Guineas Double