Churchill Downs Inc. announced Dec. 12 that Clifford C. Goodrich would leave his position as president of Arlington Park, the company's racetrack in Arlington Heights, Ill., in order to pursue other professional and personal interests.
Wertheimer & Frere's Olmodavor -- high-weighted at 121 pounds -- and Lakeside Farm's recent grade I stakes winner Colonial Colony headline a field of five in the Washington Park Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Jockey Jesse Campbell was treated and released from Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights Wednesday after sustaining a concussion in the second race when he fell from his mount, Great Eight, just before the finish line at Arlington Park.
According to a report in the Daily Herald, Arlington Park chairman Richard Duchossois was honored as Arlington Heights' "Business Leader of the Year" Thursday night for his role in hosting the 2002 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland September Sale Sees More Gains
- California Chrome Arrives at Parx Racing
- No Dice for Massachusetts Racing, Breeding
- Is PA Derby Best Spot for 'Chrome'?
- Suffolk Downs Loses Casino Bid on 3-1 Vote
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby
- Is California Chrome Vulnerable in PA Derby?
- What's Going On Here: Solid at the Core
- Injury Forces Sea The Moon's Retirement
- 'Gold Hopes to Keep Churchill Record Intact