Churchill Downs Inc. announced Dec. 12 that Clifford C. Goodrich would leave his position as president of Arlington Park, the company's racetrack in Arlington Heights, Ill., in order to pursue other professional and personal interests.
Wertheimer & Frere's Olmodavor -- high-weighted at 121 pounds -- and Lakeside Farm's recent grade I stakes winner Colonial Colony headline a field of five in the Washington Park Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Jockey Jesse Campbell was treated and released from Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights Wednesday after sustaining a concussion in the second race when he fell from his mount, Great Eight, just before the finish line at Arlington Park.
According to a report in the Daily Herald, Arlington Park chairman Richard Duchossois was honored as Arlington Heights' "Business Leader of the Year" Thursday night for his role in hosting the 2002 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Palace Dazzles in Speedy Forego Triumph
- Stonetastic Powers to Prioress Score
- Velazquez Receives Mike Venezia Award
- Rockin Jojo First Winner for Street Magician
- Little Journey Favored in Boiling Springs
- Durkin Nears Finish Line of Brilliant Career
- Dissident, I Do Win in Australia, New Zealand
- Officials Examining Horse Deaths at Saratoga
- Stallion Oxbow to Stand at Calumet in 2015