Churchill Downs Inc. announced Dec. 12 that Clifford C. Goodrich would leave his position as president of Arlington Park, the company's racetrack in Arlington Heights, Ill., in order to pursue other professional and personal interests.
Wertheimer & Frere's Olmodavor -- high-weighted at 121 pounds -- and Lakeside Farm's recent grade I stakes winner Colonial Colony headline a field of five in the Washington Park Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Jockey Jesse Campbell was treated and released from Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights Wednesday after sustaining a concussion in the second race when he fell from his mount, Great Eight, just before the finish line at Arlington Park.
According to a report in the Daily Herald, Arlington Park chairman Richard Duchossois was honored as Arlington Heights' "Business Leader of the Year" Thursday night for his role in hosting the 2002 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Blazes to Travers Record
- Strike Charmer Bests Lady Eli in Ballston Spa
- Love the Chase to Sell at F-T November
- Drefong Gallops Home to King's Bishop Score
- Nyquist Begins Work for Pennsylvania Derby
- Calvin Borel Returns to Riding at Ellis Park
- Flintshire Dominant Again in Sword Dancer
- Cavorting on Top in Personal Ensign
- A.P. Indian Gets Second Grade I in Forego
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief