Churchill Downs Inc. announced Dec. 12 that Clifford C. Goodrich would leave his position as president of Arlington Park, the company's racetrack in Arlington Heights, Ill., in order to pursue other professional and personal interests.
Wertheimer & Frere's Olmodavor -- high-weighted at 121 pounds -- and Lakeside Farm's recent grade I stakes winner Colonial Colony headline a field of five in the Washington Park Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Jockey Jesse Campbell was treated and released from Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights Wednesday after sustaining a concussion in the second race when he fell from his mount, Great Eight, just before the finish line at Arlington Park.
According to a report in the Daily Herald, Arlington Park chairman Richard Duchossois was honored as Arlington Heights' "Business Leader of the Year" Thursday night for his role in hosting the 2002 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Beholder Fires Bullet, Ready to Rumble
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Centeno Recovering in Florida After Spill
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Improving; Exaggerator Jogs Two Miles
- Lexington Horseman Randolph Dies
- Making the Grade: Exaggerator's Belmont Shot
- Woodward, Hancock to Racing Hall of Fame
- Court Order Has Preciado Racing Again at Parx