Churchill Downs Inc. announced Dec. 12 that Clifford C. Goodrich would leave his position as president of Arlington Park, the company's racetrack in Arlington Heights, Ill., in order to pursue other professional and personal interests.
Wertheimer & Frere's Olmodavor -- high-weighted at 121 pounds -- and Lakeside Farm's recent grade I stakes winner Colonial Colony headline a field of five in the Washington Park Handicap (gr. II) Saturday at Arlington Park.
Jockey Jesse Campbell was treated and released from Northwest Community Hospital in Arlington Heights Wednesday after sustaining a concussion in the second race when he fell from his mount, Great Eight, just before the finish line at Arlington Park.
According to a report in the Daily Herald, Arlington Park chairman Richard Duchossois was honored as Arlington Heights' "Business Leader of the Year" Thursday night for his role in hosting the 2002 Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships.
Most Popular Stories
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Immortal Verse Sells for European Record
- Steep Wagering Decline at Churchill Fall Meet
- Longeing Surface's Effects on Sound, Lame Horses
- Cornell to Operate Ruffian Equine Specialists Hospital
- No Legislative Action on Illinois ADW Bill
- Horizontal Navigation: Racing Tab
- What's Going On Here: Dam Builders