Cheveley Park Stud's homebred Medicean rallied from fifth place in the early going under jockey Kieren Fallon to earn a neck-length victory over Warningford in the final strides of the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) on Saturday at Newbury. Pacesetting 7-4 favorite Swallow Flight finished another neck back in third.
The fields for the $15.25million Dubai World Cup meeting at Nad Al Sheba on March 24 are all but finalized with just one or two horses yet to confirm their participation. U.S.-based Ladies Din and Arkadian Hero will contest the grade II Dubai Duty Free, joining Captain Steve and Aptitude, who will run in the featured Wolrd Cup.
Riviera took a short lead in the stretch and held off the late charge of Arkadian Hero to win the $1-million Atto Mile (Can-IT) by a nose Sunday at Woodbine. With John Velazquez in the irons, the 6-year-old Bobby Frankel trainee completed the mile in 1:33.18 over a firm turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Colic: To Refer or Not to Refer
- Hillstar Shoots to Canadian International Win
- Just The Judge Earns E. P. Taylor Verdict
- Untapable Tops Worktab Sunday at Santa Anita
- Head May Continue Mile Success with Anodin
- Maturing White Rose Blossoms in Dowager
- BC Classic: How Weak Are the Older Horses?
- Caspar Netscher Up in Time for Nearctic Win
- Undrafted Drills 5 Furlongs for Turf Sprint