Cheveley Park Stud's homebred Medicean rallied from fifth place in the early going under jockey Kieren Fallon to earn a neck-length victory over Warningford in the final strides of the Juddmonte Lockinge Stakes (Eng-I) on Saturday at Newbury. Pacesetting 7-4 favorite Swallow Flight finished another neck back in third.
The fields for the $15.25million Dubai World Cup meeting at Nad Al Sheba on March 24 are all but finalized with just one or two horses yet to confirm their participation. U.S.-based Ladies Din and Arkadian Hero will contest the grade II Dubai Duty Free, joining Captain Steve and Aptitude, who will run in the featured Wolrd Cup.
Riviera took a short lead in the stretch and held off the late charge of Arkadian Hero to win the $1-million Atto Mile (Can-IT) by a nose Sunday at Woodbine. With John Velazquez in the irons, the 6-year-old Bobby Frankel trainee completed the mile in 1:33.18 over a firm turf course.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course