When considering Breeders' Cup fields, one would normally think the vast majority of horses are homebreds, or at least have been with one nurturing trainer and owner who have been pointing the horse to a certain championship race since it was a youngster. Not so, where this year's TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) is concerned.
Red Warrior, last of 11 after a quarter of a mile, closed powerfully to register a one-length victory at odds of 47-1 in the $300,000 Padua Stables Sprint Saturday, part of the Sunshine Millions program at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Out of Belmont Stakes with Fever
- Derby Runner-Up Commanding Curve Retired
- Nyquist Spikes Fever; Did Not Ship to Belmont
- Uncle Mo Filly Brings $1 Million at F-T Sale
- Fast Uncle Mo Filly Tops F-T Midlantic Sale
- Friesan Fire Colt Tops Midlantic at $825,000
- What is Uncle Mo Worth?
- So Far, Seven Pointing for Belmont Park
- Possible NYRA Plan Concerns Saratoga Group
- Finger Lakes Horsemen Call for Support