When considering Breeders' Cup fields, one would normally think the vast majority of horses are homebreds, or at least have been with one nurturing trainer and owner who have been pointing the horse to a certain championship race since it was a youngster. Not so, where this year's TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) is concerned.
Red Warrior, last of 11 after a quarter of a mile, closed powerfully to register a one-length victory at odds of 47-1 in the $300,000 Padua Stables Sprint Saturday, part of the Sunshine Millions program at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic
- Positive Start to Fasig-Tipton October Sale
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud