When considering Breeders' Cup fields, one would normally think the vast majority of horses are homebreds, or at least have been with one nurturing trainer and owner who have been pointing the horse to a certain championship race since it was a youngster. Not so, where this year's TVG Breeders' Cup Sprint (gr. I) is concerned.
Red Warrior, last of 11 after a quarter of a mile, closed powerfully to register a one-length victory at odds of 47-1 in the $300,000 Padua Stables Sprint Saturday, part of the Sunshine Millions program at Santa Anita Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Wise Dan Back at the Track
- The Jockey Club 2015 Fact Book Now Online
- Hall Finalists Include Leatherbury, Lava Man
- Indiana Derby Moves to Mid-July This Year
- New Social Media Rule for Australian Racing
- Daredevil Back to Work After Swale Washout
- The Great War No Longer Pursuing Derby
- TOBA February Member of the Month
- Field Favored at Close of Derby Wager Pool 3
- Far From Over Interest Sold, Wood Next