Purchased for $2.4 million at auction last November by Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Stable, Mushka attempts to win her first stakes for her new connections in the $300,000 Dance Smartly (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine turf July 11.
After tripping up odds-on choice Smart Surprise by nearly two lengths in winning Woodbine's Whimsical (Can-III) in front-running fashion last month, Dancing Allstar will try to do it again in the Hendrie Stakes (Can-III) on May 10.
The first graded stakes of the year in Canada, the $150,000 Whimsical Stakes (Can-III) for older fillies and mares at six furlongs on the main track April 18, brings together a field of eight horses, two of which have started this year.
Smart Surprise made her stakes debut a winning one, outfighting Saskawea in the final furlong to win the $132,327 Bessarabian Stakes by a half-length Nov. 23 at Woodbine.
Tell It as It Is was up in the final jump to capture the $175,000 Maple Leaf Stakes by a nose over favored Arden Belle at Woodbine Oct. 19.
Bear Now eclipsed $1 million in career earnings with a front-running victory as the odds-on choice in the $154,614 Ontario Matron Stakes at Woodbine July 20.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome is Vox Populi Award Winner
- Leave the Light On for Storm Cat
- Nine-Month Suspension Recommended for Veitch
- WV Racing Struggles With Plan for Stability
- Researchers Study Near-, Farsightedness in Horses
- Two IL Tracks File for Bankruptcy Protection
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- British Racing Undertakes Education Program
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu