Purchased for $2.4 million at auction last November by Elizabeth Moran's Brushwood Stable, Mushka attempts to win her first stakes for her new connections in the $300,000 Dance Smartly (Can-IIT) on the Woodbine turf July 11.
After tripping up odds-on choice Smart Surprise by nearly two lengths in winning Woodbine's Whimsical (Can-III) in front-running fashion last month, Dancing Allstar will try to do it again in the Hendrie Stakes (Can-III) on May 10.
The first graded stakes of the year in Canada, the $150,000 Whimsical Stakes (Can-III) for older fillies and mares at six furlongs on the main track April 18, brings together a field of eight horses, two of which have started this year.
Smart Surprise made her stakes debut a winning one, outfighting Saskawea in the final furlong to win the $132,327 Bessarabian Stakes by a half-length Nov. 23 at Woodbine.
Tell It as It Is was up in the final jump to capture the $175,000 Maple Leaf Stakes by a nose over favored Arden Belle at Woodbine Oct. 19.
Bear Now eclipsed $1 million in career earnings with a front-running victory as the odds-on choice in the $154,614 Ontario Matron Stakes at Woodbine July 20.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- A Look Back at A.P. Indy's Hollywood Futurity
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity