Seven horses will try to end Wando's bid for the Canadian Triple Crown as they contest Saturday's Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine.
To the surprise of no one, Gustav Schickedanz's Wando won the Prince of Wales Stakes (Can-I) by a comfortable four lengths Sunday at Fort Erie Race Track, picking up the second jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown.
Mobil, unbeaten in two stakes starts this year including the Plate Trial Stakes, is the 2-1 morning line choice for Sunday's $1,000,000 (Canadian) Queen's Plate at Woodbine.
A record 194 horses were nominated to the 2003 Queen Plate, with Wando named the 7-2 winterbook favorite. The 1 1/4-mile race is set for June 22 at Woodbine.
In a thrilling $250,000 Coronation Futurity, Arco's Gold and Mobil dueled stretch-long to finish in a dead-heat in the 99th edition of the 1 1/8-mile race at Woodbine Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Trainer D'Amato's Success Long Time in Coming
- O'Neill and Racing's Slow Regulatory Process
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- Live Chat - Thursday, October 23 at NOON EST
- Hollendorfer: Shared Belief Has 'Great' Work
- What's Going On Here: Gary Player's Top 10
- Leagues Seek to Halt New Jersey Sports Bets
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Researchers Examine Fatal Lumbar Vertebral Fractures
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint