Seven horses will try to end Wando's bid for the Canadian Triple Crown as they contest Saturday's Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine.
To the surprise of no one, Gustav Schickedanz's Wando won the Prince of Wales Stakes (Can-I) by a comfortable four lengths Sunday at Fort Erie Race Track, picking up the second jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown.
Mobil, unbeaten in two stakes starts this year including the Plate Trial Stakes, is the 2-1 morning line choice for Sunday's $1,000,000 (Canadian) Queen's Plate at Woodbine.
A record 194 horses were nominated to the 2003 Queen Plate, with Wando named the 7-2 winterbook favorite. The 1 1/4-mile race is set for June 22 at Woodbine.
In a thrilling $250,000 Coronation Futurity, Arco's Gold and Mobil dueled stretch-long to finish in a dead-heat in the 99th edition of the 1 1/8-mile race at Woodbine Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Prominent Sire Beau Genius Dies at 29
- Bayern Wires Haskell; Favored Untapable 5th
- Grade II Winners to Battle in WV Derby
- 'The Chief' in Florida Rather Than Saratoga
- Wilkins to Direct Calumet Stallion Division
- R Free Roll Leads the Way in Honorable Miss
- Travers or Pennsylvania Derby Next for Bayern
- No Worries for Paquette in First Race Call
- Emperors Palace 2YO Sale Set for August
- Catalano's Daughter Reports Progress