Seven horses will try to end Wando's bid for the Canadian Triple Crown as they contest Saturday's Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine.
To the surprise of no one, Gustav Schickedanz's Wando won the Prince of Wales Stakes (Can-I) by a comfortable four lengths Sunday at Fort Erie Race Track, picking up the second jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown.
Mobil, unbeaten in two stakes starts this year including the Plate Trial Stakes, is the 2-1 morning line choice for Sunday's $1,000,000 (Canadian) Queen's Plate at Woodbine.
A record 194 horses were nominated to the 2003 Queen Plate, with Wando named the 7-2 winterbook favorite. The 1 1/4-mile race is set for June 22 at Woodbine.
In a thrilling $250,000 Coronation Futurity, Arco's Gold and Mobil dueled stretch-long to finish in a dead-heat in the 99th edition of the 1 1/8-mile race at Woodbine Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Nyquist Draws Post 13, is 3-1 Derby Favorite
- Team Optimistic, Nyquist 'Full of Energy'
- Field of 22 Set for 142nd Kentucky Derby
- Lady Aurelia Awaits Queen Mary at Ascot
- Bensons Hope to Let Good Times Roll in Derby
- Court Ruling Important in Hobby Law Tax Cases
- Trainer Abrams Takes Leave of Absence
- Fresh Horses Plentiful in 2016 Kentucky Derby
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Full Gate for Pat Day Mile