Seven horses will try to end Wando's bid for the Canadian Triple Crown as they contest Saturday's Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine.
To the surprise of no one, Gustav Schickedanz's Wando won the Prince of Wales Stakes (Can-I) by a comfortable four lengths Sunday at Fort Erie Race Track, picking up the second jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown.
Mobil, unbeaten in two stakes starts this year including the Plate Trial Stakes, is the 2-1 morning line choice for Sunday's $1,000,000 (Canadian) Queen's Plate at Woodbine.
A record 194 horses were nominated to the 2003 Queen Plate, with Wando named the 7-2 winterbook favorite. The 1 1/4-mile race is set for June 22 at Woodbine.
In a thrilling $250,000 Coronation Futurity, Arco's Gold and Mobil dueled stretch-long to finish in a dead-heat in the 99th edition of the 1 1/8-mile race at Woodbine Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications