Seven horses will try to end Wando's bid for the Canadian Triple Crown as they contest Saturday's Breeders' Stakes at Woodbine.
To the surprise of no one, Gustav Schickedanz's Wando won the Prince of Wales Stakes (Can-I) by a comfortable four lengths Sunday at Fort Erie Race Track, picking up the second jewel of the Canadian Triple Crown.
Mobil, unbeaten in two stakes starts this year including the Plate Trial Stakes, is the 2-1 morning line choice for Sunday's $1,000,000 (Canadian) Queen's Plate at Woodbine.
A record 194 horses were nominated to the 2003 Queen Plate, with Wando named the 7-2 winterbook favorite. The 1 1/4-mile race is set for June 22 at Woodbine.
In a thrilling $250,000 Coronation Futurity, Arco's Gold and Mobil dueled stretch-long to finish in a dead-heat in the 99th edition of the 1 1/8-mile race at Woodbine Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Lemon Drop Kid an Emerging Broodmare Sire
- U S Officer, Cool Arrow Set for Springboard
- Northwest Stud Announces 2017 Stud Fees
- Trainer Davis Looks Forward to More Success
- Santa Anita Moves American Oaks to Dec. 31
- Miss Temple City Scores Matriarch by a Nose
- Rockridge's Posse Will Not Return to U.S.
- Track Maintenance Internships Being Offered
- Ward Joins Water Hay Oats Alliance