Making his first start in nearly four months, Live Oak Plantation's To Honor and Serve returns in the $150,000 Amsterdam Stakes (gr. II) Monday, Aug. 1, at Saratoga.
Zayat Stables' Justin Phillip scored a front-running victory in the seven-furlong Woody Stephens Stakes (gr. II) on the Belmont Stakes undercard.
Travelin Man and Justin Phillip are both entering off losing efforts, but those two could be the ones to beat in the $250,000 Woody Stephens Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-old sprinters June 11 at Belmont Park.
Who will win the 2011 Florida Derby? Is it Soldat's race? Can Flashpoint carry that speed? Predict the Order
Dazzling Hutcheson winner Flashpoint and four of the top Kentucky Derby contenders are among a field of eight that was drawn for the 1 1/8-mile Florida Derby.
Soldat, Uncle Mo, Little Mike and international racing! View Slideshow
Favored Arch Traveler won a key Gulfstream Park allowance race for 3-year-olds on the Fountain of Youth (gr. II) undercard Feb. 26, defeating second choice Nacho Business by three-quarters of a length.
It would be no surprise to see a couple of horses coming out of a Feb. 26 allowance race at Gulfstream to wind up in the Florida Derby (gr. I) next month.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Hidden Lake Dies at 23
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Two Unbeaten Favorites in Florida Sire Series