Making his first start in nearly four months, Live Oak Plantation's To Honor and Serve returns in the $150,000 Amsterdam Stakes (gr. II) Monday, Aug. 1, at Saratoga.
Zayat Stables' Justin Phillip scored a front-running victory in the seven-furlong Woody Stephens Stakes (gr. II) on the Belmont Stakes undercard.
Travelin Man and Justin Phillip are both entering off losing efforts, but those two could be the ones to beat in the $250,000 Woody Stephens Stakes (gr. II) for 3-year-old sprinters June 11 at Belmont Park.
Who will win the 2011 Florida Derby? Is it Soldat's race? Can Flashpoint carry that speed? Predict the Order
Dazzling Hutcheson winner Flashpoint and four of the top Kentucky Derby contenders are among a field of eight that was drawn for the 1 1/8-mile Florida Derby.
Soldat, Uncle Mo, Little Mike and international racing! View Slideshow
Favored Arch Traveler won a key Gulfstream Park allowance race for 3-year-olds on the Fountain of Youth (gr. II) undercard Feb. 26, defeating second choice Nacho Business by three-quarters of a length.
It would be no surprise to see a couple of horses coming out of a Feb. 26 allowance race at Gulfstream to wind up in the Florida Derby (gr. I) next month.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Fear the Cowboy Takes Skip Away in Late Drive
- Fast and Accurate Scores Spiral Upset
- Thunder Snow Gets Up in UAE Derby
- Mind Your Biscuits Rises to Occasion in Golden Shaheen
- Second Summer Catches Sharp Azteca in Godolphin Mile
- I Thought I had Seen it All
- Irish War Cry Works With Wood Memorial Bid Likely
- Fields Set for Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds Oaks
- Jack Hobbs, Vivlos Score on the Turf at Meydan