Executive Choice, under a smart ride from Jim McAleney, defeated nine rivals in Woodbine's $125,000 Sir Barton Stakes Dec. 8.
Gary Tanaka's Eccentric has won four of his last seven starts, but two of those losses have come against horses that he will face in the $150,000 Autumn Stakes (Can-III), to be held Nov. 17 on the Woodbine Polytrack.
On a fast day at Woodbine, Leonnatus Anteas, Canada's champion 2-year-old male in 2006, set the Toronto oval's Polytrack record for 1 1/8 miles in the $150,000 Durham Cup Stakes (Can-III) Oct. 13.
Dual Classic winner Funny Cide made his first race outside of the United States a winning one, taking Saturday's $200,000 Dominion Day Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine by 1 1/2 lengths.
Kid Grindstone used a big finish to surprise the even-money favorite Arch Hall in deep stretch, winning the $100,000 Fifth Season (gr. III) for older horses at odds of 9-1 in his graded stakes debut Wednesday at Oaklawn Park.
Fox Hill Farm's Rockport Harbor, making his second start of the year, is the horse to beat in Sunday's field of eight for the $150,000 Razorback Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. III) featuring older horses going 1 1/16 miles at Oaklawn Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Del Mar Makes Adjustment to Slow Polytrack
- Perfect at Spa, Sweet Reason Ready for Test
- Social Inclusion to Move to Chad Brown
- Palace Malice Hoping to Continue His Roll
- Trainer Joshua Stein Wins in Debut at Sonoma
- CDI Reports Record Second Quarter Revenues
- Juddmonte Stallions Available to S.H. Mares
- Clement Hirsch: Iotapa After BC Distaff Slot
- New York-Bred Palace At Home In Vanderbilt