A European record for a breeze-up sale was broken for the second straight year April 16 when Ross Doyle went to 800,000 guineas to secure a High Chaparral colt during the first day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale.
Alpine Rose withstood the late challenge of Lady Marian to notch her first group I victory, taking the Darley Prix Jean Romanet (Fr-I) by a short head at Deauville Aug. 23. Earlier in the day, Arcano set a course record in winning the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Lord Nelson Nabs Texas Red in San Vicente
- California Chrome Picks Up Cal-Bred Awards
- California Chrome Works, Set for San Antonio
- Pletcher's Donn Quartet Breezed at Palm Beach
- Take Charge Brandi On Oaks Path, Lukas Says
- Hoppertunity Confirmed for San Antonio Start
- California Chrome Works February 1, 2015
- Callback Rings Up Victory in Las Virgenes
- 'Brandi' Makes Martha Washington Interesting
- The Great War Has More in Store After Romp