A European record for a breeze-up sale was broken for the second straight year April 16 when Ross Doyle went to 800,000 guineas to secure a High Chaparral colt during the first day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale.
Alpine Rose withstood the late challenge of Lady Marian to notch her first group I victory, taking the Darley Prix Jean Romanet (Fr-I) by a short head at Deauville Aug. 23. Earlier in the day, Arcano set a course record in winning the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I).
Most Popular Stories
- NTWAB to Honor American Pharoah Team
- Live Racing, Simulcasts Resume in Texas
- South African Champion Wild One Dies
- T.I.P. Awards Applications Being Accepted
- Breaking & Training: Taking the Next Steps
- Deal Apparently Reached on Texas Funding
- CA Stallion Sought After Euthanized
- Departing Tops More Than Ready Mile
- Gleneagles Targets Breeders' Cup Classic
- Wise Dan Completes Final Breeze for Woodbine