A European record for a breeze-up sale was broken for the second straight year April 16 when Ross Doyle went to 800,000 guineas to secure a High Chaparral colt during the first day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale.
Alpine Rose withstood the late challenge of Lady Marian to notch her first group I victory, taking the Darley Prix Jean Romanet (Fr-I) by a short head at Deauville Aug. 23. Earlier in the day, Arcano set a course record in winning the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Secret Circle, Itsmyluckyday in Cigar Mile
- Cary Street Leads 11 in Hawthorne Gold Cup
- Lord Nelson Could Rule Kentucky Jockey Club
- Speedy Cassatt Dusts Rivals in Zia Park Oaks
- Unbeaten Dame Dorothy Can Cap Year in Comely
- Churchill Proposes Derby Bet on Winning Sire
- Sageburg Will Stand in Ireland in 2015
- Romans Likes Added Distance for Remsen Pair
- Derby Winners Have Enjoyed Turf Success
- Brooklynsway Takes on Males at Woodbine