A European record for a breeze-up sale was broken for the second straight year April 16 when Ross Doyle went to 800,000 guineas to secure a High Chaparral colt during the first day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale.
Alpine Rose withstood the late challenge of Lady Marian to notch her first group I victory, taking the Darley Prix Jean Romanet (Fr-I) by a short head at Deauville Aug. 23. Earlier in the day, Arcano set a course record in winning the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Top Jockey in World's Top Races to be Honored
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Stopshoppingdebbie to Start in LA Woman
- Is Low-Dose Omeprazole Effective for Treating Ulcers?
- Lexington Horseman Snellings Dies at Age 81
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card