A European record for a breeze-up sale was broken for the second straight year April 16 when Ross Doyle went to 800,000 guineas to secure a High Chaparral colt during the first day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale.
Alpine Rose withstood the late challenge of Lady Marian to notch her first group I victory, taking the Darley Prix Jean Romanet (Fr-I) by a short head at Deauville Aug. 23. Earlier in the day, Arcano set a course record in winning the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Jockey Gallardo to Try Southern California
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Litfin At Large: Belmont Super Saturday I
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Outwork, Speightster Retire to WinStar