A European record for a breeze-up sale was broken for the second straight year April 16 when Ross Doyle went to 800,000 guineas to secure a High Chaparral colt during the first day of the Tattersalls Craven breeze-up sale.
Alpine Rose withstood the late challenge of Lady Marian to notch her first group I victory, taking the Darley Prix Jean Romanet (Fr-I) by a short head at Deauville Aug. 23. Earlier in the day, Arcano set a course record in winning the Darley Prix Morny (Fr-I).
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- Family Tree Scores in Iowa Oaks
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- VA-Bred Owners' Bonus Program Begins July 1
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose