Arcadius collapsed and died as he was being cooled down after winning the $150,000 Iroquois Steeplechase (NSA-I) May 12 at Percy Warner Park in Nashville, Tenn.
Tax Ruling, always prominent, surged through the Springdale Racecourse's stretch to score a gutty 1 1/4-length victory in the $100,000 Marion DuPont Scott Colonial Cup (NSA-I) Nov. 19 in Camden, S.C.
Ken and Sarah Ramsey's homebred Slip Away is named 2010 champion Steeplechaser based on his 25-plus length score in the Colonial Cup Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I).
Trainer Jonathan Sheppard enjoyed a banner day at the Monmouth Park-Meridian Steeplechase Festival Sept. 25, capturing his 1,000th career hurdle win when Arcadius took the $100,000 Helen Haskell Sampson Stakes (NSA-I).
Trainer Jonathan Sheppard and owner William Pape kept their perfect meet record intact when Sermon of Love came from off the pace to win the $100,000 New York Turf Writers Cup (NSA-I) steeplechase Aug. 26 at Saratoga.
Most Popular Stories
- Wise Dan Won't Run in Fourstardave
- Horse Returned, But Entry Clerk Out of a Job
- King's Bishop Likely Option for Wildcat Red
- Hawthorne Drops Race Dates, Cuts Fall Stakes
- Catalano, On Mend, Gets Arlington Win 1,000
- Einstein Moving to Adena Springs Canada
- First Winner for Sire Concord Point
- Bullheaded Boy First Winner for Bullsbay
- Will Take Charge vs. Palace Malice in Whitney
- Record Stakes Purses Set for Oaklawn Park