Pozo de Luna's Argentine-bred Suggestive Boy held off a late-flying Silentio by a nose in a thrilling edition of the $300,000 Frank E. Kilroe Mile (gr. IT) at Santa Anita Park March 2.
Suggestive Boy, overcoming a terrible post, burst away from his rivals in deep stretch to post a convincing victory in the Arcadia Stakes (gr. IIT) on the Santa Anita turf course Feb. 2.
Lightly raced Silentio, a stylish winner of his stakes debut to begin the Santa Anita season in December, will be part of a packed starting gate for his first start as a 4-year-old in the $150,000 Arcadia Stakes (gr. IIT).
Mr. Commons took a big step on what his connections hope will be a special campaign when he rallied from off the pace to win the $150,000 Arcadia Stakes (gr. II) on turf Feb. 4, his second graded win of the Santa Anita meet.
After registering his first graded stakes win with a powerful effort in the Sir Beaufort Stakes (gr. IIT) to open the meet, Mr. Commons is a clear standout in the $150,000 Arcadia Stakes (gr. IIT) Feb. 4 at Santa Anita.
Caracortado, a hard-luck loser in the Frank E. Kilroe Mile (gr. I) last month, looks like a standout in the $150,000 Arcadia Stakes (gr. IIT) at the same distance April 9 at Santa Anita.
Most Popular Stories
- Outstanding Field Set for CashCall Futurity
- Podcast: Eclipse Awards 2013: Top 3-year-olds
- Kettle Corn to Stand in Ohio at Fair Winds
- Lucayan Well-Spotted in Hollywood Turf Cup
- Records on the Line in Final Native Diver Run
- Bringing Precision to Track Maintenance
- Top Mare Nastique Dies at 29
- String King to Try Dirt at Fair Grounds
- Aftercare Alliance Awards $1M in Grants
- Tournaments Growing Fans and Owners