Jockey Don Lee Frazier registered his 2,000th victory June 16 at Arapahoe Park aboard Fast But Furious in the first race at the Colorado track.
The Jockeys' Guild and the Colorado Horse Racing Association have reached an agreement on a new mount fee schedule that will provide an increase in base mount fees for jockeys for all races run in Colorado.
Horsemen from all parts of Colorado rallied at the state capitol Jan. 20 to support efforts by the horse industry to pass legislation designed to revitalize the economics of the industry in Colorado through advance deposit wagering and Instant Racing.
The Colorado Thoroughbred Breeders Association named Folsum its 2007 Horse of the Year April 12 at Arapahoe Park in Aurora.
Trainer John Arnett started the Arapahoe Park meet off with a bang by winning 13 races during the first three days of racing at the Colorado track.
The Colorado Thoroughbred Breeders Association named Cocoa Latte its 2005 Horse of the Year March 4 at Arapahoe Park near Aurora, Colo.
Arapahoe Park, the only Thoroughbred racing facility in Colorado, has joined the National Thoroughbred Racing Association (NTRA). This will mark the first time that the Aurora, Colo., racetrack has participated in the national organization.
Arapahoe Park plans to increase its number of live dates by two to 39 in 2006, track officials announced Monday.
An effort to win approval for racetrack video lottery terminals failed Nov. 4 in Colorado, but in Maine, voters gave their approval for racetrack VLTs.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Forty Niner Son Gold Case Euthanized
- Louisiana Puts More Pressure on Fair Grounds