Owner Anthony Speelman, a London art dealer, and bloodstock agent Shawn Dugan, wife of trainer Neil Drysdale, have enjoyed more than their share of success together.
A B Noodle disposed of pace rival Hippogator on the turn and cruised to a front-running three-length victory in the $113,750 Yerba Buena Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr.IIIT) on the Bay Meadows turf Saturday.
Hall of Fame trainer Neil Drysdale will be at Bay Meadows Saturday to saddle Arabic Song in the $125,000 Yerba Buena Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIIT).
Katdogawn was awarded victory in Saturday's $150,000 Santa Ana Handicap (gr. IIT) when 3-5 favorite Megahertz was disqualified for interference in the stretch at Santa Anita Park.
Headed by the top three finishers in Hollywood Park's American Oaks, a field of seven 3-year-old fillies is entered in Saturday's 46th running of the $300,000 Del Mar Oaks (gr. IT) at 1 1/8 miles on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course.
Little Treasure made her United States debut a winning one, taking the San Clemente Handicap (gr. II) for 3-year-old fillies Saturday at Del Mar in stakes-record time.
Nine 3-year-old fillies whose connections have the Del Mar Oaks (gr. I) in their sights are entered Saturday in the 34th edition of the $150,000, San Clemente Handicap (gr. II) at one mile on the Jimmy Durante Turf Course at Del Mar.
Trainer Ron McAnally hopes to spring an upset in the $200,000 Honeymoon Breeders' Cup Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday at Hollywood Park with French-import Alozaina. If he does, he will tie the late trainer Charlie Whittingham for most Honeymoon victories.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Has Lone Churchill Breeze
- Dortmund, Other CA Shippers Arrive at CD
- Champ Calgary Cat Up Late in Jacques Cartier
- Three Derby Hopefuls Have Derby-Winning Sires
- Three to Represent New York in Derby
- Social Inclusion Second in 2015 Debut
- The Pharoah Show Gets Rave Reviews
- Blingismything Rallies to Capture Wilshire
- Dortmund Runs Easy in Final Derby Drill
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend