Plantation Stud of Newmarket, England, announced Monday that it has acquired the 220-acre Silver Springs Stud near Paris, Ky.
Live Oak Plantation's Miesque's Approval, a winner in his only previous turf start at Churchill Downs, made it two-for-two with a sharp come-from-behind score in the $1,987,720 NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT).
Gorella, a beast on the turf course this year against the girls and a formidable foe against the boys, drew post position 12 of 14 for Saturday's NetJets Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT) at Churchill Downs.
George Washington restored his illustrious reputation with an impressive victory in the Queen Elizabeth II Stakes (Eng-I) at Ascot on Saturday.
Court Masterpiece came with a late rush to claim the Cantor Spreadfair Sussex Stakes (Eng-I) at Glorious Goodwood on Wednesday.
Araafa, a two-time group I winner, will stand at stud in 2007 at Dermot O'Rourke's Plantation Stud, but not before completing this year's racing season.
With Queen Elizabeth II in attendance, Royal Ascot officially reopened Tuesday after nearly two years of renovations. In the day's biggest races, Araafa cruised to victory in the St. James's Palace Stakes (Eng-I), American-bred Ad Valorem took the Queen Anne (Eng-I), and Takeover Target won the King's Stand Stakes (Eng-II).
Race favorite George Washington struggled with the heavy going at The Curragh as Araafa rolled to an impressive victory in the Boylesport Irish Two Thousand Guineas (Ire-I) on Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Air Force Blue Retired to Ashford Stud
- Runhappy Faces Five in Ack Ack
- Snowden Death Investigation "Inactive"
- Racing's Stars Set for Santa Anita Saturday
- Tapit, War Front Dominate Keeneland Sale
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- Texas Chrome Pointing to Dirt Mile
- Eddie D. Stakes Split Into Divisions
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion