A legal challenge to stop the current Aqueduct casino bidding process and award the contract to a previous bidder was tossed out by a New York state judge July 29, said state officials who were in the courtroom.
A state judge July 15 amended a temporary restraining order issued earlier in the week that banned the Lottery Division from continuing to work on the bid offered by Genting New York.
- By Tom Precious
Negotiations for an Aqueduct casino operator have stepped up again, with a new flurry of talks between Gov. David Paterson and legislative leaders occurring in advance of a return by the state legislature the week of Nov. 16 to deal with New York's soaring deficit.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule
- Under Agreement, Trainer Umarov Suspended Five Years
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory