A legal challenge to stop the current Aqueduct casino bidding process and award the contract to a previous bidder was tossed out by a New York state judge July 29, said state officials who were in the courtroom.
A state judge July 15 amended a temporary restraining order issued earlier in the week that banned the Lottery Division from continuing to work on the bid offered by Genting New York.
- By Tom Precious
Negotiations for an Aqueduct casino operator have stepped up again, with a new flurry of talks between Gov. David Paterson and legislative leaders occurring in advance of a return by the state legislature the week of Nov. 16 to deal with New York's soaring deficit.
Most Popular Stories
- Santa Anita Installs Barn Surveillance System
- California Chrome Draws Rail in Awesome Again
- Borell Enters Alford Plea on Cruelty Charges
- Stopchargingmaria in F-T November Sale
- Impressive Maiden Winners Try Pilgrim Stakes
- 'Cleopatra' Looking to Reign in Chandelier
- Litfin At Large: Belmont Super Saturday I
- Jockey Collins Suffers Paralysis After Spill
- Forever Unbridled Heads Cast for Beldame
- Colonel John Sold, to Stand in Korea in 2017