A legal challenge to stop the current Aqueduct casino bidding process and award the contract to a previous bidder was tossed out by a New York state judge July 29, said state officials who were in the courtroom.
A state judge July 15 amended a temporary restraining order issued earlier in the week that banned the Lottery Division from continuing to work on the bid offered by Genting New York.
- By Tom Precious
Negotiations for an Aqueduct casino operator have stepped up again, with a new flurry of talks between Gov. David Paterson and legislative leaders occurring in advance of a return by the state legislature the week of Nov. 16 to deal with New York's soaring deficit.
Most Popular Stories
- White-Headed Foal Named Southern Phantom
- Six Neglected Horses Cleared to Leave Farm
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Kentucky Neglect Case Under Investigation
- Gaudet, Amoss to Join Saratoga Live Team
- AAEP Panel Calls for Additional EIPH Research
- A New Brand of Hero
- Fewer Fatalities Tied to Risk-Factor Changes
- Big Move Forward on Concussion Protocol
- Bramlage: Decreased Use of Depo-Medrol a Plus