A legal challenge to stop the current Aqueduct casino bidding process and award the contract to a previous bidder was tossed out by a New York state judge July 29, said state officials who were in the courtroom.
A state judge July 15 amended a temporary restraining order issued earlier in the week that banned the Lottery Division from continuing to work on the bid offered by Genting New York.
- By Tom Precious
Negotiations for an Aqueduct casino operator have stepped up again, with a new flurry of talks between Gov. David Paterson and legislative leaders occurring in advance of a return by the state legislature the week of Nov. 16 to deal with New York's soaring deficit.
Most Popular Stories
- The Day After: No Regrets From Team 'Pharoah'
- Tiz Love First Winner for Slew's Tiznow
- Keen Ice Springs Travers Upset on 'Pharoah'
- NY Fan Forum: Focus on Customer Service
- Travers Day Handle Just Shy of $50 Million
- Runhappy Romps to Record King's Bishop Score
- Loss Can't Derail Pharoah Phenomenon
- Island Town Crushes Smarty Jones Field
- Private Zone Speeds to Forego Victory
- Australian Trainer Bart Cummings Dies at 87