A legal challenge to stop the current Aqueduct casino bidding process and award the contract to a previous bidder was tossed out by a New York state judge July 29, said state officials who were in the courtroom.
A state judge July 15 amended a temporary restraining order issued earlier in the week that banned the Lottery Division from continuing to work on the bid offered by Genting New York.
- By Tom Precious
Negotiations for an Aqueduct casino operator have stepped up again, with a new flurry of talks between Gov. David Paterson and legislative leaders occurring in advance of a return by the state legislature the week of Nov. 16 to deal with New York's soaring deficit.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Keeneland Gross, Average Decline Slightly
- Princess of Sylmar to Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Fields Shaping Up for Super Saturday Card
- After the Wire: Game On Dude & Pa. Derby
- Los Alamitos Concludes First Fall Meet
- Jockey Court Eyes Return to Race Riding
- Florida Won Steals Ontario Derby Show
- California Chrome Draws Rail in PA Derby