A legal challenge to stop the current Aqueduct casino bidding process and award the contract to a previous bidder was tossed out by a New York state judge July 29, said state officials who were in the courtroom.
A state judge July 15 amended a temporary restraining order issued earlier in the week that banned the Lottery Division from continuing to work on the bid offered by Genting New York.
- By Tom Precious
Negotiations for an Aqueduct casino operator have stepped up again, with a new flurry of talks between Gov. David Paterson and legislative leaders occurring in advance of a return by the state legislature the week of Nov. 16 to deal with New York's soaring deficit.
Most Popular Stories
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- Little Mike Retired to Old Friends
- American Cleopatra Entered at Del Mar
- Borell Arraignment Set for Aug. 1
- Connect Leads 1-2 Finish for Brown in Curlin
- Full Field Possible for West Virginia Derby
- Champion Tepin Will Bypass Fourstardave
- Nyquist, Exaggerator Renew Rivalry in Haskell
- Exaggerator to Run in Haskell
- Arlington, Hawthorne Reach Dates Agreement