A legal challenge to stop the current Aqueduct casino bidding process and award the contract to a previous bidder was tossed out by a New York state judge July 29, said state officials who were in the courtroom.
A state judge July 15 amended a temporary restraining order issued earlier in the week that banned the Lottery Division from continuing to work on the bid offered by Genting New York.
- By Tom Precious
Negotiations for an Aqueduct casino operator have stepped up again, with a new flurry of talks between Gov. David Paterson and legislative leaders occurring in advance of a return by the state legislature the week of Nov. 16 to deal with New York's soaring deficit.
Most Popular Stories
- KY Necropsy Program Disproves 'Bad Step' Myth
- F-T October Sale Gains Across Board at Opener
- Rockingham Park Selling Most of Stable Area
- Sweet Reason Set for BC Filly and Mare Sprint
- Claimer Seeking the Sherif Reaches BC Sprint
- Two-Time Champion Beholder Out of BC Distaff
- Bullet Move for Likely BC Juvenile Favorite
- Jockeys' Guild, RTCA Set Up Saez Family Fund
- U.S. Juvenile Turf Fillies Await Euro Attack
- F-T October Yearling Sale Recap Day 1