A legal challenge to stop the current Aqueduct casino bidding process and award the contract to a previous bidder was tossed out by a New York state judge July 29, said state officials who were in the courtroom.
A state judge July 15 amended a temporary restraining order issued earlier in the week that banned the Lottery Division from continuing to work on the bid offered by Genting New York.
- By Tom Precious
Negotiations for an Aqueduct casino operator have stepped up again, with a new flurry of talks between Gov. David Paterson and legislative leaders occurring in advance of a return by the state legislature the week of Nov. 16 to deal with New York's soaring deficit.
Most Popular Stories
- American Pharoah Gallops, Will Breeze June 1
- Spanish Queen Carries On in American Oaks
- Amelia's Wild Ride Edges Ben's Cat
- Frammento Has Final Drill at Saratoga
- Lockout Closes to Connaught Cup Win
- Severe Weather Forces Evangeline Cancellation
- Tale of Verve, Mubtaahij Breeze for Belmont
- Alsvid Takes Aristides Over Work All Week
- Texas Red Works Toward Possible Dwyer Start
- French Navy Sails to Group I Upset in SAf