The season's final major select sale of 2-year-olds in training will be conducted at Keeneland on Tuesday, beginning at 1:30 p.m. (EDT).
Keeneland will offer its largest catalogue ever for its April sale of 2-year-olds in training, with 262 horses listed. The number is up by 5.2% from last year's total of 249. The previous record high was 253 in 1994.
A Grand Slam filly zipped a quarter mile in :20 4/5, turning in the fastest time for the distance Monday during the final under tack show for Keeneland's April juvenile auction.
A surface labeled as fast and a brisk tailwind contributed to fast times Monday during the first under tack show for Keeneland's April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Fillies by Personal Hope and Seattle Sleet were the fastest quarter-mile workers Thursday during the second under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's April sale of 2-year-olds in training. Both stopped the clock in :21 3/5.
Most Popular Stories
- Leading Laurel Rider McCarthy Breaks Wrist
- Favored Act of War Captures Cape Guineas
- CHRB Eyes Scratching of Unreported Geldings
- Asmussen, Albarado Team for Four-Win Day
- California Chrome Drills at Los Alamitos
- Bayern Turns in Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Old Friends to Receive Special Eclipse Award
- Travis Stone Named Churchill Downs Announcer
- Rodenticide Linked to Six Sudden Horse Deaths
- Emerald Downs Purses to Rise 20% in 2015