The season's final major select sale of 2-year-olds in training will be conducted at Keeneland on Tuesday, beginning at 1:30 p.m. (EDT).
Keeneland will offer its largest catalogue ever for its April sale of 2-year-olds in training, with 262 horses listed. The number is up by 5.2% from last year's total of 249. The previous record high was 253 in 1994.
A Grand Slam filly zipped a quarter mile in :20 4/5, turning in the fastest time for the distance Monday during the final under tack show for Keeneland's April juvenile auction.
A surface labeled as fast and a brisk tailwind contributed to fast times Monday during the first under tack show for Keeneland's April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Fillies by Personal Hope and Seattle Sleet were the fastest quarter-mile workers Thursday during the second under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's April sale of 2-year-olds in training. Both stopped the clock in :21 3/5.
Most Popular Stories
- Social Inclusion Breezes for Haskell
- Empire Dreams Stretches Out in New York Derby
- Heerman Shaped Today's Thoroughbred Sales
- Blue Horse Charities Merging Efforts with TAA
- Uniform Drug Program Picking Up Support
- Jockey Morales Posts 1,000th Career Victory
- Heir Kitty Set for Return in Great Lady M
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Equine Infectious Disease Outbreak Response 101
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California