The season's final major select sale of 2-year-olds in training will be conducted at Keeneland on Tuesday, beginning at 1:30 p.m. (EDT).
Keeneland will offer its largest catalogue ever for its April sale of 2-year-olds in training, with 262 horses listed. The number is up by 5.2% from last year's total of 249. The previous record high was 253 in 1994.
A Grand Slam filly zipped a quarter mile in :20 4/5, turning in the fastest time for the distance Monday during the final under tack show for Keeneland's April juvenile auction.
A surface labeled as fast and a brisk tailwind contributed to fast times Monday during the first under tack show for Keeneland's April sale of 2-year-olds in training.
Fillies by Personal Hope and Seattle Sleet were the fastest quarter-mile workers Thursday during the second under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's April sale of 2-year-olds in training. Both stopped the clock in :21 3/5.
Stormy Kris, a daughter of Whitney Tower, turned in the fastest eighth-mile work Wednesday during the first under tack show for the Ocala Breeders' Sales Company's April auction of 2-year-olds in training. Consigned by Rising Hill Farm, agent, Stormy Kris covered the distance in 10 :2/5 seconds. The filly was produced from the 11-year-old Kris S mare Surely Kris.
Most Popular Stories
- Conrad Bandoroff Joins Denali Stud
- New York Discusses Rules on Race-Day Lasix
- Hill 'n' Dale Acquires Half Interest in Bubbler
- Industry Groups Ask for Change in Parx Oaks Ruling
- Ward Pleased With Stable's Royal Ascot Performance
- Date Set for 2017 Maryland Million Day
- Arrogate Breezes at Santa Anita
- F-T Saratoga Offering 12 From Scat Daddy's Last Crop
- Irap Gets Best of Girvin in Ohio Derby
- 'Free Fridays' at National Museum of Racing