View more photos from our magazine series training offspring of Lemon Drop Kid. view slideshow
Marchfield, named Canada's outstanding older horse last year, found the winner's circle for the first time in 2009 when he rallied from last on the final turn to capture the $190,767 Dominion Day Stakes (Can-III) at Woodbine July 1.
Woodford Racing will sell 14 of the remaining 4-year-olds from their first partnership group at the Keeneland November Sale Nov. 3-17.
Jockey Todd Kabel, the four-time reigning jockey of the year in Canada, won his fifth consecutive edition of Woodbine's CAN$151,600 Toronto Cup for 3-year-olds on the turf with Windward Islands on Saturday.
Darley Stable's Sahara Heat, favored while making his stakes debut, recorded his third consecutive victory when he wired seven rivals in Saturday's $150,000 Marine (Can-III) for 3-year-olds on the Woodbine Polytrack.
Hard Spun, who won his first four races by 28 lengths before tasting defeat in the Feb. 19 Southwest Stakes at Oaklawn Park, is the lukewarm favorite for Satuday's Lane End Stakes (gr. II) at Turfway Park.
Half the field was in contention at the top of the stretch of the $100,000 John Battaglia Memorial Stakes at Turfway Park Saturday, but Catman Running with Willie Martinez aboard proved best in the lane.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Look Back: Summer Squall Answers Questions in Jim Beam
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year