Francisco Valentin, a 21-year-old apprentice, posted his first career victory when Keen On Green led every step of the eighth and final race on the March 31 card at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Apprentice jockey Victor Carrasco went over the 200-win mark for the year Dec. 13 when the 21-year-old rode two winners at Laurel Park, including number 200 for the year.
Apprentice rider Trevor McCarthy will miss eight to 10 weeks with a broken left tibia suffered April 11 during morning training at Laurel Park.
After a re-vote for the Eclipse Award for apprentice jockey, the award went to Kyle Frey, who got 77 first-place votes.
Jockey Jackie Davis was released from North Shore University Hospital early Jan. 16 after X-rays and scans came back negative following a spill after the conclusion of the ninth race at Aqueduct the previous day.
Forest Boyce, 26, has a chance to become the 10th Maryland-based rider to win the Eclipse Award for outstanding apprentice jockey.
Horse racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win