Francisco Valentin, a 21-year-old apprentice, posted his first career victory when Keen On Green led every step of the eighth and final race on the March 31 card at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Apprentice jockey Victor Carrasco went over the 200-win mark for the year Dec. 13 when the 21-year-old rode two winners at Laurel Park, including number 200 for the year.
Apprentice rider Trevor McCarthy will miss eight to 10 weeks with a broken left tibia suffered April 11 during morning training at Laurel Park.
After a re-vote for the Eclipse Award for apprentice jockey, the award went to Kyle Frey, who got 77 first-place votes.
Jockey Jackie Davis was released from North Shore University Hospital early Jan. 16 after X-rays and scans came back negative following a spill after the conclusion of the ninth race at Aqueduct the previous day.
Forest Boyce, 26, has a chance to become the 10th Maryland-based rider to win the Eclipse Award for outstanding apprentice jockey.
Horse racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- 'Chance' First Black-Type Winner for Skipshot
- Annals of Time Surges to Win Hollywood Derby
- California Chrome Logs Work for 'Challenge'
- Arrogate-'Chrome' Match Race in Pegasus?
- Changing Schedules Impacted Wood, Blue Grass
- Departing Retired to Claiborne Farm
- Blue Grass, Wood Memorial Downgraded
- Vale Dori Impressive in Bayakoa Victory
- Half Dome Dude Sets Remington Track Record
- Sandford, Owner of Take Charge Indy, Dies