Francisco Valentin, a 21-year-old apprentice, posted his first career victory when Keen On Green led every step of the eighth and final race on the March 31 card at Aqueduct Racetrack.
Apprentice jockey Victor Carrasco went over the 200-win mark for the year Dec. 13 when the 21-year-old rode two winners at Laurel Park, including number 200 for the year.
Apprentice rider Trevor McCarthy will miss eight to 10 weeks with a broken left tibia suffered April 11 during morning training at Laurel Park.
After a re-vote for the Eclipse Award for apprentice jockey, the award went to Kyle Frey, who got 77 first-place votes.
Jockey Jackie Davis was released from North Shore University Hospital early Jan. 16 after X-rays and scans came back negative following a spill after the conclusion of the ninth race at Aqueduct the previous day.
Forest Boyce, 26, has a chance to become the 10th Maryland-based rider to win the Eclipse Award for outstanding apprentice jockey.
Horse racing and breeding news and information.
Most Popular Stories
- Early Nominees to Triple Crown Races Increase
- Aqueduct Cancels Racing for Saturday, Jan. 31
- Complete List of Triple Crown Nominees
- Futura Powerful J&B Met Winner at Kenilworth
- Leave the Light On Off Derby Trail
- The Legacy of Gone West
- Is Ceftiofur Sodium an Effective Treatment for Placentitis?
- Withers Favorite El Kabeir Breezes at Belmont
- Honor Code, Top Billing Near 4YO Debuts
- KY Derby Winner Thunder Gulch Pensioned at 23