A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Horses Lose a Friend in Vet Byars
- Hoppertunity Heading Home to California
- Full Field of 14 Contest Wide-Open Modesty
- Hialeah Sees New Thoroughbred Opportunity
- Princess of Sylmar Seeks Del 'Cap Rebound
- Sky Lantern Takes Second Crack at Falmouth
- Panel: Change in Culture Needed in Racing
- Boisterous Holds Class Edge in Bowling Green
- Admiral Kitten Back at Arlington Park
- Our Channel Makes Trek for American Derby