A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Mahoning Valley Announces Purse Increase