A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Undefeated Dortmund Wasn't Always So Popular
- Lukas Pointing 'Brandi' to Kentucky Oaks
- Golden Gate Winter/Spring Meet Starts Dec. 26
- Millionaire Kiri's Clown Euthanized at Age 25
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Secret Circle Aims for Season-Ending Win
- Intriguing Maidens in MD Juvenile Futurity
- Baltas, Pedroza Square Off at Los Alamitos
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses
- Dortmund Wins Dramatic Los Alamitos Futurity