A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill