A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Arkansas Derby Preview Day Preview Blog
- Strong Mandate Brings Lukas Back for More
- Candy Boy Sharpens Up for Santa Anita Derby
- Racing Voices: The Fastest Horse in the World
- Bath Time for Hoppertunity
- Trainer Chleborad Secures 1,000th Career Win
- Ria Antonia Posts Bullet Move at Santa Anita
- Mucho Macho Man Taking it Easy at Gulfstream
- TimeformUS Saturday Plays
- OBS Spring Sale Catalog Now Available Online