A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Veteran Kentucky-Based Hot Walker Roche Dies at 91
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Baffert Talks 2017 Triple Crown
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Elliott Honored with George Woolf Memorial Jockey Award
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Oscar Performance Targeting Keeneland for Season Debut
- Boat Trip Gets First Foal Times Three
- Three Rules Fires Florida Bullet
- Guest Suite Taking Farish, Howard on Classic Ride