A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- American Freedom Clear Winner in Iowa Derby
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- As Borell Released, Cruelty Laws Questioned
- Top Caribbean Race to Be Held at Gulfstream
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Wake Forest Heads United Nations
- Globetrotting Tepin Preps for Saratoga Ship
- Melmich Victorious in Dominion Day
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues