A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- OBS April First Session Soars