A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Kentucky Derby and Oaks Daily Updates
- Aurelia's Belle Helps Owner Realize Dream
- California Chrome Boasts Strong Foundation
- Afternoon With the Regal Rosalind
- Tapit Colt Leads Robust OBS Second Session
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen 4/21/2014
- Claiborne Farm to Sponsor Breeders' Futurity
- Gulfstream-Calder Deal Could Be in Works
- Forty Niner Son Gold Case Euthanized
- Louisiana Puts More Pressure on Fair Grounds