A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Moore, Ortiz Line Up for HK Jockey Battle
- Monmouth, Atlantic City Granted 2015 Dates
- Goffs Registers Record-Breaking Foal Sale
- Indiana Grand Approved for 120 Dates in 2015
- 'Indian Charlie' Sues to Get Back on Track
- First Win for United States at Charles Town
- New York to Act on New Medication Rules
- Pomeroy, Flashy Bull to Stand in Saudi Arabia
- Torrid Martin Resumes Golden Gate Hot Streak
- Ex-Calder Racing Secretary Headed to Hialeah