A federal appellate court has upheld Gary Matthews' conviction for participating in a scheme to defraud a Houston bank out of $65 million. The former chief financial officer for Calumet Farm will be required to serve his entire 21-month prison sentence.
A federal appellate court indicated in mid-February it did not intend to change the status of former Calumet Farm president J.T. Lundy's conviction on charges of bribery and deceit. Lundy immediately requested another hearing before the Fifth Circuit U.S. Court of Appeals headquartered in New Orleans.
Most Popular Stories
- Condo Commando 'Splash-tastic' in Spinaway
- Longshots on Saratoga's Closing Day
- Midnight Storm Shakes Up Del Mar Derby
- Inside Yearling Sales Prep: Behavior
- Wise Dan Victorious in Bernard Baruch Return
- Wise Dan Passes Return Test in Flying Colors
- Itsmyluckyday Unlikely to Return in Gold Cup
- Jo Jo Warrior Helps Zayat Celebrate Birthday
- Stonestreet Has Star in Making in Atreides
- Plesa Sweeps Juvenile Stakes at Monmouth