Jockey Alex Solis registered his 4,000th career win aboard speedy King Robyn Friday in the $110,800 Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Santa Anita downhill turf course.
David and Holly Wilson's Designed for Luck, who returned to action in August after missing nearly 17 months with a fractured left rear hock, held off a digging Sarafan by a half-length to win Sunday's $300,000 Oak Tree Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita.
Seven turf runners will get a chance to stretch their legs in the 1 1/2 mile $200,000 San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday at Santa Anita. Not surprisingly, trainer Bobby Frankel has the highweight and likely favorite, Denon.
Most Popular Stories
- Brothers in Arms: Idaho Takes Hardwicke Stakes
- Stormin Fever Euthanized at 23
- Undefeated Caravaggio Shines in Commonwealth Cup
- Casse Duo Set for Queen's Plate Run
- Neolithic Back Galloping After Respiratory Illness
- Litfin at Large: Class Horses Figure in Ohio Derby
- Kentucky Derby Starters Reunite in Ohio Derby
- The Stronach Group Considers New England Venture
- Untrapped Aims for First Stakes win in Ohio Derby
- Disco Rico and His Record-Setting Son Disco Partner