Jockey Alex Solis registered his 4,000th career win aboard speedy King Robyn Friday in the $110,800 Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Santa Anita downhill turf course.
David and Holly Wilson's Designed for Luck, who returned to action in August after missing nearly 17 months with a fractured left rear hock, held off a digging Sarafan by a half-length to win Sunday's $300,000 Oak Tree Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita.
Seven turf runners will get a chance to stretch their legs in the 1 1/2 mile $200,000 San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday at Santa Anita. Not surprisingly, trainer Bobby Frankel has the highweight and likely favorite, Denon.
Most Popular Stories
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season
- Weekend Stakes Rundown: Louisiana Derby Season Begins
- Deal Reached on Pegasus Starting Slot for Gun Runner
- California Chrome's Dubai Win voted Moment of the Year
- Grade 3 Winner Chitu Sires First Foal
- A. P. Indy Fires Another Across the Bow
- Two New Sires to California's Milky Way Farm
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Summer Front's First Foal is a Filly