Jockey Alex Solis registered his 4,000th career win aboard speedy King Robyn Friday in the $110,800 Morvich Handicap (gr. IIIT) for 3-year-olds on the Santa Anita downhill turf course.
David and Holly Wilson's Designed for Luck, who returned to action in August after missing nearly 17 months with a fractured left rear hock, held off a digging Sarafan by a half-length to win Sunday's $300,000 Oak Tree Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita.
Seven turf runners will get a chance to stretch their legs in the 1 1/2 mile $200,000 San Luis Obispo Handicap (gr. IIT) Saturday at Santa Anita. Not surprisingly, trainer Bobby Frankel has the highweight and likely favorite, Denon.
Most Popular Stories
- Final Call for Taylors of Seattle Slew Fame
- Untapable, Tapiture Drill for Asmussen
- Main Sequence Works at Palm Meadows
- NY Investigation of Asmussen Case Completed
- NZ Premier Sale Off to Solid Start at Karaka
- NYRA Unveils 10-Race Claiming Series
- New York Sanctions Mott for Drug Overages
- Five Tie for Fastest 3 Furlongs at OBS Show
- 'Chrome' Set for San Antonio, Bayern Doubtful
- Racing Investigators to Meet in NJ in March