Multiple stakes winner Indy Wind has retired from racing and will join the stallion ranks at Brent and Crystal Fernung's Journeyman Stud in Ocala, FL for the 2009 breeding season.
Lemon Drop Kid could hardly have picked a better time to have a breakthrough horse. On national TV, his daughter Lemons Forever charged down the stretch to win the Kentucky Oaks (gr. I), writing her name into the history of the nation's oldest race for three-year-old fillies and becoming her sire's first grade I winner.
Congrats, who is unbeaten in two starts this year, is one of seven entered for Saturday's 1 1/8-mile Brooklyn Handicap (gr. II) at Belmont Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Stellar Wind Upsets Beholder
- Maiden No More, Laoban Stuns Jim Dandy Rivals
- Flintshire Scores in Eventful Bowling Green
- Seeking the Gold Dies at 31
- A. P. Indian Outduels Holy Boss in Vanderbilt
- Lexie Lou Goes Wire to Wire in Victoriana
- Pennsylvania Sanctions Trainer Preciado
- Minding Overcomes Trouble for Nassau Win
- Monmouth, Suffolk Battle Over Entries
- Mind Your Biscuits Takes Amsterdam