With the new, $88-million Meadowlands Racetrack scheduled to open for live Standardbred racing Nov. 23, Jeff Gural understandably has a case of the jitters.
Richard Hannon, one of British horse racing's most colorful trainers whose owners include Queen Elizabeth II, will retire at the end of year and hand over duties to his son.
A federal judge Feb. 28 upheld a 21-year-old law prohibiting sports betting in 46 of 50 states, dealing a setback to New Jersey's attempts to revive its struggling casino industry.
Three ClassicStar principals -- David Plummer, Spencer Plummer, and Terry Green -- have pleaded guilty to charges of conspiracy to defraud the U.S. through a fraudulent tax shelter under the ClassicStar Mare Lease Program, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
Up to 5,000 slot machines could draw crowds to Indiana's struggling horse racing tracks -- and bring in millions for the state -- under a proposal advanced by a House committee Wednesday.
Barbaro shows no sign of infection in either of his hind legs, and the Kentucky Derby winner has more healthy tissue on his diseased left hind hoof than he did in July when he was first stricken with laminitis.
Although only 20 will start, 22 horses were entered Wednesday for Saturday's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Si Sage Speeds to Whittingham Victory
- Songbird Works at Santa Anita, Target Unknown
- Exaggerator Arrives at Belmont Park
- Lexie Lou Back to Winning Ways at Woodbine
- Surgical Strike Gets His Graded Stakes Win
- Makahiki Wins Japanese Derby
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16
- California Chrome 'Stronger' in Los Al Drill
- Royal Ascot Journey Confirmed for Tepin