With the new, $88-million Meadowlands Racetrack scheduled to open for live Standardbred racing Nov. 23, Jeff Gural understandably has a case of the jitters.
Richard Hannon, one of British horse racing's most colorful trainers whose owners include Queen Elizabeth II, will retire at the end of year and hand over duties to his son.
A federal judge Feb. 28 upheld a 21-year-old law prohibiting sports betting in 46 of 50 states, dealing a setback to New Jersey's attempts to revive its struggling casino industry.
Three ClassicStar principals -- David Plummer, Spencer Plummer, and Terry Green -- have pleaded guilty to charges of conspiracy to defraud the U.S. through a fraudulent tax shelter under the ClassicStar Mare Lease Program, according to the U.S. Department of Justice.
Up to 5,000 slot machines could draw crowds to Indiana's struggling horse racing tracks -- and bring in millions for the state -- under a proposal advanced by a House committee Wednesday.
Barbaro shows no sign of infection in either of his hind legs, and the Kentucky Derby winner has more healthy tissue on his diseased left hind hoof than he did in July when he was first stricken with laminitis.
Although only 20 will start, 22 horses were entered Wednesday for Saturday's Kentucky Derby (gr. I) at Churchill Downs.
Most Popular Stories
- Girvin Battling Quarter Crack, KY Derby Not Ruled Out
- Paradise Woods Records Final Work for Kentucky Oaks
- Pletcher Considering Royal Ascot for American Patriot
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Past Three Winners Return for Hong Kong's QE II
- ABR Interview with Jockey Brian Hernandez Jr.
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Single-Day Saratoga Tickets on Sale May 3
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker