Antrim County captured his second consecutive Claiming Crown event, this time turning in a gritty performance to win the $150,000 Claiming Crown Jewel by a neck July 25 at Canterbury Park.
Trainer Bret Calhoun will be on hand July 25 when Antrim County receives the 2008 National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association "Claimer of the Year" award. A couple of hours later, he'll saddle the 6-year-old gelding for the $150,000 Claiming Crown Jewel at Canterbury Park in suburban Minneapolis.
Canterbury Park reported 72 horses have been pre-entered for the Claiming Crown, which is scheduled for July 25 at the Minnesota racetrack.
Kuehne Racing's Won Awesome Dude, shipping in from Delaware Park for trainer Dalton nedrick, came four-wide into the stretch and collared R Clear Victory inside the sixteenth-pole to win by a length in the $150,000 Claiming Crown Jewel Aug. 2 at Canterbury Park, the feature event on Thoroughbred racing's biggest day for "blue collar" horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- OBS April First Session Soars