Antrim County captured his second consecutive Claiming Crown event, this time turning in a gritty performance to win the $150,000 Claiming Crown Jewel by a neck July 25 at Canterbury Park.
Trainer Bret Calhoun will be on hand July 25 when Antrim County receives the 2008 National Horsemen's Benevolent and Protective Association "Claimer of the Year" award. A couple of hours later, he'll saddle the 6-year-old gelding for the $150,000 Claiming Crown Jewel at Canterbury Park in suburban Minneapolis.
Canterbury Park reported 72 horses have been pre-entered for the Claiming Crown, which is scheduled for July 25 at the Minnesota racetrack.
Kuehne Racing's Won Awesome Dude, shipping in from Delaware Park for trainer Dalton nedrick, came four-wide into the stretch and collared R Clear Victory inside the sixteenth-pole to win by a length in the $150,000 Claiming Crown Jewel Aug. 2 at Canterbury Park, the feature event on Thoroughbred racing's biggest day for "blue collar" horses.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina, Tonasah Head Spinaway
- Back to Business for Liam's Map in Woodward
- Goldy Espony on Streak Entering Glens Falls
- Spendthrift Out Front with Top Sires' Fees
- Takeover Target Heads Saranac
- Suffolk to Reopen for First of Three Programs
- Riker Aims for Third Straight Win in Swynford
- Ageless, Living The Life Return for Masters
- Isabella Sings Tuned for Boiling Springs
- No Stability with Texas Commission Funding