The first runners broken and trained last year at Gelfenstein Farm have shipped to South Florida and are in training with Antonio Sano.
Grupo 7C Racing Stable's Grand Tito took charge at the three-sixteenths pole and held off Midnight Cello and Csaba to win the $100,000 Miami Mile Handicap April 19 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
City of Weston and jockey Paco Lopez found room along the rail to rally past four horses and register a 30-1 shocker in the $300,000 Gallant Bob Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 21 at Parx Racing.
Three-year-old prospect Carried Interest ran second as the 1-2 favorite in an allowance event at Gulfstream Park Feb. 24 in his first race since finishing second in last fall's Futurity Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park.
Indiano, last year's champion 2-year-old in Panama, earned his first U.S. graded stakes victory with a decisive win in the Carry Back (gr. II) July 9 at Calder. One race earlier, Devilish Lady captured the Azalea Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- Slideshow: Progeny of Lemon Drop Kid
- Successful Owner/Breeder Aaron Jones Dies
- McEvoy Steps Down as Godolphin Jockey
- Slideshow: Kelso: 5 Time HOY 50th Anniversary
- Champion Will Take Charge Retired
- Bayern Cruises to Pennsylvania Derby Win
- Goldencents to Remain in California
- Juddmonte's Elite Miler Kingman Retired
- Indiana Immediately Suspends Two Licensees
- Consignors Busy Ahead of Louisiana Sale