The inaugural Gulfstream Park West meet closed Nov. 30, with Edgard Zayas and Antonio Sano taking the respective jockey and trainer titles, and Frank Calabrese and White Wabbit Wacing tying atop the owner standings.
The first runners broken and trained last year at Gelfenstein Farm have shipped to South Florida and are in training with Antonio Sano.
Grupo 7C Racing Stable's Grand Tito took charge at the three-sixteenths pole and held off Midnight Cello and Csaba to win the $100,000 Miami Mile Handicap April 19 at Calder Casino & Race Course.
City of Weston and jockey Paco Lopez found room along the rail to rally past four horses and register a 30-1 shocker in the $300,000 Gallant Bob Stakes (gr. III) Sept. 21 at Parx Racing.
Three-year-old prospect Carried Interest ran second as the 1-2 favorite in an allowance event at Gulfstream Park Feb. 24 in his first race since finishing second in last fall's Futurity Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park.
Indiano, last year's champion 2-year-old in Panama, earned his first U.S. graded stakes victory with a decisive win in the Carry Back (gr. II) July 9 at Calder. One race earlier, Devilish Lady captured the Azalea Stakes.
Most Popular Stories
- NY to Adopt ARCI Rules on Multiple Violations
- Don't Tell Sophia Back at Oaklawn for 2015
- Handsome Mike to Stand at Pleasant Acres
- New Purse Payout for Charles Town Classic
- Competitive Field of 12 Distaffers in Frankel
- Baffert Quartet Faces Shared Belief in Malibu
- Qatar Sponsorship Boosts Goodwood Purses
- Scholarship Named in Honor of Thornbury
- Champion High Chaparral Euthanized at 15
- Gulfstream Builds Stalls for Displaced Horses