Multiple graded stakes winner Palace will squeeze in one more start, the $100,000 Gravesend Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack Dec. 26, before retiring to stud at Spendthrift Farm.
Making his first start against New York-breds in 18 months in the $100,000 John Morrissey Stakes July 30, 6-year-old Palace suffered a deep gash in his left front foot after breaking awkwardly from the gate.
Antonio Miuccio's Palace dazzled in the $500,000 Forego Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 30, diving to the rail and drawing off to finish the seven-furlong test in 1:21.95.
Antonino Miuccio's former claimer Palace survived a slight bobble at the break and closed into a torrid pace to take the June 6 True North Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park for his first grade II win.
Most Popular Stories
- Rachel's Valentina 7-2 Oaks Favorite
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - May 3, 2016
- Grudge Match in the Alysheba
- Lani Breezes in Final Derby Preparation
- Amoss Believes Lanerie Best Fit for Mo Tom
- Nyquist's Groom Keeps Top Derby Horse Happy
- Three Grade I Winners Vie for La Troienne
- NBC Sports Group Sets Derby Week Coverage
- Nyquist Strong in First Churchill Gallop
- NYRA Looking at Synthetic Track for Aqueduct