Multiple graded stakes winner Palace will squeeze in one more start, the $100,000 Gravesend Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack Dec. 26, before retiring to stud at Spendthrift Farm.
Making his first start against New York-breds in 18 months in the $100,000 John Morrissey Stakes July 30, 6-year-old Palace suffered a deep gash in his left front foot after breaking awkwardly from the gate.
Antonio Miuccio's Palace dazzled in the $500,000 Forego Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 30, diving to the rail and drawing off to finish the seven-furlong test in 1:21.95.
Antonino Miuccio's former claimer Palace survived a slight bobble at the break and closed into a torrid pace to take the June 6 True North Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park for his first grade II win.
Most Popular Stories
- California Chrome Again Horse of the Year
- One More Time: California Chrome Sizzles in Final Work
- Castellano Scores Fourth Straight Eclipse as Top Jockey
- Arrogate Logs Final Pegasus Work
- Beholder Goes Out a Champion, Earns Fourth Eclipse
- Still in Tune, Songbird Earns Second Straight Eclipse
- Finest City Dazzles in Santa Monica
- Arrogate, Flintshire Power Juddmonte to Owner Eclipse
- California Chrome Named Champion Older Dirt Male
- Lord Nelson Fighting Laminitis, to Miss Breeding Season