Multiple graded stakes winner Palace will squeeze in one more start, the $100,000 Gravesend Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack Dec. 26, before retiring to stud at Spendthrift Farm.
Making his first start against New York-breds in 18 months in the $100,000 John Morrissey Stakes July 30, 6-year-old Palace suffered a deep gash in his left front foot after breaking awkwardly from the gate.
Antonio Miuccio's Palace dazzled in the $500,000 Forego Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 30, diving to the rail and drawing off to finish the seven-furlong test in 1:21.95.
Antonino Miuccio's former claimer Palace survived a slight bobble at the break and closed into a torrid pace to take the June 6 True North Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park for his first grade II win.
Most Popular Stories
- Cinco Charlie to Spendthrift Farm
- Curlin Colt Sells for $350,000 at F-T October
- Malibu Moon Filly Sells for $300,000 at F-T
- Kentucky Derby Winner Monarchos Dies
- Tapit Colt Late Withdrawal from F-T Sale
- Keen Ice Confirmed for Breeders' Cup Classic
- Harzand to Aga Khan’s Gilltown Stud
- VanMeter-Gentry Loaded at Fasig-Tipton Sale
- Inside the Magical Kingdom of Ballydoyle
- Arc Winner Found Could Run in BC Classic