Multiple graded stakes winner Palace will squeeze in one more start, the $100,000 Gravesend Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack Dec. 26, before retiring to stud at Spendthrift Farm.
Making his first start against New York-breds in 18 months in the $100,000 John Morrissey Stakes July 30, 6-year-old Palace suffered a deep gash in his left front foot after breaking awkwardly from the gate.
Antonio Miuccio's Palace dazzled in the $500,000 Forego Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 30, diving to the rail and drawing off to finish the seven-furlong test in 1:21.95.
Antonino Miuccio's former claimer Palace survived a slight bobble at the break and closed into a torrid pace to take the June 6 True North Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park for his first grade II win.
Most Popular Stories
- Pensioned Top Maryland Sire Not For Love Dies
- Stay Thirsty's First Winner Comes in England
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Ride On Curlin to Florida's Pleasant Acres
- Santa Anita Pick 6 Pays Over $1.47 Million
- Second Saratoga Group Sounds Off on NYRA Plan
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Purses Enhanced for 2016 Ellis Park Meet