Multiple graded stakes winner Palace will squeeze in one more start, the $100,000 Gravesend Stakes at Aqueduct Racetrack Dec. 26, before retiring to stud at Spendthrift Farm.
Making his first start against New York-breds in 18 months in the $100,000 John Morrissey Stakes July 30, 6-year-old Palace suffered a deep gash in his left front foot after breaking awkwardly from the gate.
Antonio Miuccio's Palace dazzled in the $500,000 Forego Stakes (gr. I) at Saratoga Race Course Aug. 30, diving to the rail and drawing off to finish the seven-furlong test in 1:21.95.
Antonino Miuccio's former claimer Palace survived a slight bobble at the break and closed into a torrid pace to take the June 6 True North Stakes (gr. II) at Belmont Park for his first grade II win.
Most Popular Stories
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired
- Private Zone Retired to Old Friends
- Derby, Oaks Notes, from Churchill Downs, April 25
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - April 25, 2017
- McCraken Finishes Strong in Five-Furlong Move
- Romans Mulling Rider Options for J Boys Echo
- Three Chimneys Strikes Early for Orb Colt at $685,000
- Orb Colt Grew Up, Brought $685,000 at OBS
- Creative Cause Filly Sells for $575,000
- Albarado Fractures Lower Leg, Off J Boys Echo in Derby