A four-horse spill in the sixth race Feb. 6 at Tampa Bay Downs caused the death of one horse and resulted in four jockeys being taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa for observation.
If trainer Anthony Granitz seemed a bit subdued after scoring his 1,000th career victory Jan. 4 in the sixth race at Tampa Bay Downs with Wedding Savior, it was perfectly understandable.
Jockey Paco Lopez is expected to miss up to two months after suffering a broken collarbone and six fractured ribs in a spill at Gulfstream Park March 17, according to his agent Cory Moran.
Gulfstream Park jockeys Paco Lopez and Antonio Gallardo were transported to Memorial Regional Hospital on the evening of March 17 after both were involved in a spill in the 11th race, the track reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Impresses at Santa Anita
- Far From Over Victorious in Return
- How a Sire Line Develops
- Phantom Dollars Flood Track's Double Pool
- Fairplex, Santa Anita House Evacuated Horses
- Exclusive Contest: Name the White-Headed Foal
- Too Early to Gauge 'Brexit' Effect on Sales
- Mohaymen Back to Work in New York
- Putting Uncle Mo in Perspective
- Magee Clinches Training Title at Pimlico