A four-horse spill in the sixth race Feb. 6 at Tampa Bay Downs caused the death of one horse and resulted in four jockeys being taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa for observation.
If trainer Anthony Granitz seemed a bit subdued after scoring his 1,000th career victory Jan. 4 in the sixth race at Tampa Bay Downs with Wedding Savior, it was perfectly understandable.
Jockey Paco Lopez is expected to miss up to two months after suffering a broken collarbone and six fractured ribs in a spill at Gulfstream Park March 17, according to his agent Cory Moran.
Gulfstream Park jockeys Paco Lopez and Antonio Gallardo were transported to Memorial Regional Hospital on the evening of March 17 after both were involved in a spill in the 11th race, the track reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Suffolk Expected to Apply for 2015 Live Dates
- Undrafted Opens Season in Shakertown
- Kobe's Back Returns East for Commonwealth
- Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in South Korea
- Officials: Penalty System Key Part of Program
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland