The new owners of Imperative are feeling good about their purchase after the grade 2 winner secured a narrow win in the first edition of the $400,000 Poseidon Handicap Jan. 28 at Gulfstream Park.
Jockey Javier Castellano finished 2016 as the leading rider by earnings for a fourth straight year.
Delta Prince, a 3-year-old maiden and half brother to three-time Eclipse Award winner Royal Delta and grade I winner Crown Queen, made his third start a winning one in Gulfstream Park's eighth race Dec. 26 for trainer Jimmy Jerkens.
In a stunning move, jockey Antonio Gallardo, the country’s leader in races won, has changed his plans and will now move his tack not to California but to New York with a new agent.
Jockey Antonio Gallardo, the current national leader in victories with 287 wins in 2016, will move his tack to Southern California at the completion of the Presque Isle Downs race meeting on Oct. 6.
Jockey Antonio Gallardo, currently ranked second in wins this season among North American-based jockeys, secured the 1,000th victory of his career July 19 when he guided The Fazz Man to victory in the seventh race at Presque Isle Downs.
A four-horse spill in the sixth race Feb. 6 at Tampa Bay Downs caused the death of one horse and resulted in four jockeys being taken to St. Joseph's Hospital in Tampa for observation.
If trainer Anthony Granitz seemed a bit subdued after scoring his 1,000th career victory Jan. 4 in the sixth race at Tampa Bay Downs with Wedding Savior, it was perfectly understandable.
Jockey Paco Lopez is expected to miss up to two months after suffering a broken collarbone and six fractured ribs in a spill at Gulfstream Park March 17, according to his agent Cory Moran.
Gulfstream Park jockeys Paco Lopez and Antonio Gallardo were transported to Memorial Regional Hospital on the evening of March 17 after both were involved in a spill in the 11th race, the track reported.
Most Popular Stories
- Sharp: Girvin Still on Track for Kentucky Derby
- Saez to Ride J Boys Echo in Kentucky Derby
- Medaglia d'Oro Colt New OBS Sale Topper
- Stewart to Train, Manage Latest Churchill Racing Club
- Syndergaard to Make 2017 Debut in William Walker
- Derby, Oaks Notes From Churchill Downs, April 26
- Speedway Stable Strikes Late for Malibu Moon Filly
- High-Profile Owners Team Up to Buy Expensive Colt
- Stronach Group Supports Bill to Bring in USADA
- Multiple Grade 1 Winner I'm a Chatterbox Retired