Anton Koolman, a bloodstock agent renowned for his purchases of Australian Thoroughbreds that end up racing with distinction in Hong Kong, created a Magic Millions National weanling sale record when he went to Aus$250,000 for a son of unproven sire Rock of Gibraltar Sunday in Australia.
The 2003 William Inglis and Son Ltd. San Miguel Classic Yearling Sale concluded Tuesday in Australia with an average price of AUS$29,812 for 347 horses sold and an overall gross of AUS$10,344,750, both marginally up on 2002.
Most Popular Stories
- Songbird Fine After Sharp CCA Oaks Victory
- Songbird All Heart at Saratoga
- Lane's End Texas Closes, Stallions Relocate
- Stonestreet: Rachel's Valentina Retired
- 'Chrome' Edges Dortmund in Del Mar Battle
- Creator, Gun Runner Work in Saratoga
- 'Chrome' Back to Los Al After San Diego Win
- Gift Box, Connect, Swipe Entered in Curlin
- NY Alters Rules on Claims, Some Medications
- OK-Bred GI Winner Clever Trevor Dies at 31