Anton Koolman, a bloodstock agent renowned for his purchases of Australian Thoroughbreds that end up racing with distinction in Hong Kong, created a Magic Millions National weanling sale record when he went to Aus$250,000 for a son of unproven sire Rock of Gibraltar Sunday in Australia.
The 2003 William Inglis and Son Ltd. San Miguel Classic Yearling Sale concluded Tuesday in Australia with an average price of AUS$29,812 for 347 horses sold and an overall gross of AUS$10,344,750, both marginally up on 2002.
Most Popular Stories
- Mucho Macho Man to Race in 2014
- Butler Gets Five-Year Suspension
- Erskine Says Juddmonte Group Not for Sale
- Trainer Harvey Vanier Dies at Age 89
- Partners to Build Racetrack Casino in Calgary
- Bad Debt, Philly Ace Tropical Turf Topweights
- BloodHorse.com Has a New Look
- Immortal Verse Sells for European Record
- Steep Wagering Decline at Churchill Fall Meet
- No Legislative Action on Illinois ADW Bill