The Fasig-Tipton New York-bred preferred yearling sale got off to a rocky start Aug. 15 in Saratoga Springs, N.Y. The gross revenue dropped 41.7% from a year ago while the average and median prices both plunged 47.1%. The buy-back rate was 54.3% compared to 52.5% in 2008.
Most Popular Stories
- Calumet Farm: The Rebirth of a Legend
- Shared Belief Diagnosed With Hip Fracture
- McKathans Saw Early Brilliance of 'Pharoah'
- NTRA Calls for Industry Support of Tax Reform
- Shared Belief Eased as Moreno Wins CT Classic
- WinStar Farm Acquires Interest in Upstart
- What's Going On Here: America's Horse
- Kentucky Derby Notes, April 20
- Broad Offering Should Keep OBS April Growing
- Red Cadeaux Nearing Record Earnings Plateau