Officials with Belterra Park's parent company said they want the rebuilt facility to not only be the premier racetrack in Ohio, but in the surrounding area.
Pinnacle Entertainment plans to begin construction on a new River Downs by the end of March, but the company remains mum on details about the planned Ohio racetrack casino.
The planned purchase of Retama Park by Pinnacle Entertainment, a transaction approved in December by the Texas Racing Commission, was completed Jan. 30.
The Texas Racing Commission has approved Nevada-based Pinnacle Entertainment to purchase 75.5% of the racing assets of Retama Park in San Antonio.
Casino operator Pinnacle Entertainment said April 26 one of its subsidiaries has an agreement to purchase a 75.5% interest in Retama Park, which is located near San Antonio, Texas.
Pinnacle Entertainment, a Las Vegas-based casino company, said Jan. 28 it has closed on the purchase of River Downs in Ohio for $45 million in cash.
Pinnacle Entertainment has named Kevin Kaufman, general manager of its Belterra Casino in Indiana, as general manager of River Downs in Ohio.
Las Vegas-based Pinnacle Entertainment confirmed Nov. 26 it has a deal to purchase River Downs near Cincinnati, Ohio, for $45 million.
Pinnacle Entertainment Inc. reported a reduced net income loss for the third quarter and said it's looking to expand into new markets while adhering to "disciplined capital-spend and return metrics."
The transfer of Louisiana Downs' horse-racing license to Harrah's Bossier City Investment Co. is nearly complete after the Louisiana Racing Commission approved the move Thursday.
Most Popular Stories
- Fracture Knocks Far From Over Off Derby Trail
- Carpe Diem Back at Keeneland for Blue Grass
- Judy the Beauty Heads Busy Work Tab for Ward
- Stopchargingmaria Makes 2015 Debut in Madison
- Peace and War Returns for Ashland
- Korean Stallion Sharp Humor Dies in Accident
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen for March 31, 2015
- Roberta 'Bobbie' Croll Dies at Age 94
- Churchill Names New Track Superintendent
- Laurel's Average Handle Rises for Winter Meet