Gleam of Hope, guided by Corey Lanerie, rallied along the rail to win the $200,000 Budweiser Select Cradle Stakes by 2 1/4 lengths at Cincinnati's River Downs Sept. 7.
Turfway Park reported a 23.6% increase from 2005 in all-source handle during the fall meeting that ended Oct. 5 while on-track wagering posted a more modest 4.6% gain.
Favored Gouldings Green rolled from far back to win the $100,000 Turfway Park Fall Championship (gr. III) by a half-length Saturday in Kentucky for his fourth win in five starts.
American invader Gouldings Green captured the $151,600 Chinese Cultural Centre Seagram's Cup (Can-III) in convincing fashion Sunday at Woodbine.
Mjaka Stables' Junior College, making his stakes debut, set an Ellis Park track record for 6 1/2 furlongs en route to winning the $50,000 Don Bernhardt Saturday.
There were just five starters in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park Saturday, but plenty of trouble nevertheless. Favored Gouldings Green was awarded victory when jockey Corey Lanerie was forced to take up while rallying along the inside, overturning a one-length victory by Fifteen Rounds.
Last after the first half-mile, jockey Brice Blanc guided Aud through traffic to register a neck victory over 51-1 May Gator in the $173,550 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
Willmott Stables Inc.'s Aud, a 15-1shot, rallied between horses mid-stretch and drew off to a 1 3/4-length win in the $175,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) on Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Tepin Refuses to Work March 27 at Palm Meadows
- Arrogate Last to First in Dubai World Cup
- Skychai Racing Purchases Interest in Fast and Accurate
- Two Juveniles Post Fastest Times at Barretts
- McCraken Stretches Out in Keeneland Work
- Hence Springs Upset in Sunland Derby
- Animo de Valeroso to Stand at Duncan Farms
- Dortmund Back to Dirt in Next Start
- McIngvales Repeat $10K College Scholarship Offer
- Honorable Duty Aims to Continue Fair Grounds Roll