Gleam of Hope, guided by Corey Lanerie, rallied along the rail to win the $200,000 Budweiser Select Cradle Stakes by 2 1/4 lengths at Cincinnati's River Downs Sept. 7.
Turfway Park reported a 23.6% increase from 2005 in all-source handle during the fall meeting that ended Oct. 5 while on-track wagering posted a more modest 4.6% gain.
Favored Gouldings Green rolled from far back to win the $100,000 Turfway Park Fall Championship (gr. III) by a half-length Saturday in Kentucky for his fourth win in five starts.
American invader Gouldings Green captured the $151,600 Chinese Cultural Centre Seagram's Cup (Can-III) in convincing fashion Sunday at Woodbine.
Mjaka Stables' Junior College, making his stakes debut, set an Ellis Park track record for 6 1/2 furlongs en route to winning the $50,000 Don Bernhardt Saturday.
There were just five starters in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park Saturday, but plenty of trouble nevertheless. Favored Gouldings Green was awarded victory when jockey Corey Lanerie was forced to take up while rallying along the inside, overturning a one-length victory by Fifteen Rounds.
Last after the first half-mile, jockey Brice Blanc guided Aud through traffic to register a neck victory over 51-1 May Gator in the $173,550 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
Willmott Stables Inc.'s Aud, a 15-1shot, rallied between horses mid-stretch and drew off to a 1 3/4-length win in the $175,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) on Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Uncontested Romp in Smarty Jones
- First Foal by Palace Malice Born
- Classic Empire Aims for Season Debut in Holy Bull
- Zayat, Romans Want to See Prayer for Relief in Pegasus
- Arrogate Sails Through Penultimate Work for Pegasus Cup
- Zito Saddles 2,000th Winner
- First Foal by American Pharoah Born at Brookdale Farm
- Green Gratto Grinds Out Toboggan Win
- Grade 1 Winner Bradester to Stud at Valor Farm
- Prize Exhibit Sweeps by in Megahertz