Gleam of Hope, guided by Corey Lanerie, rallied along the rail to win the $200,000 Budweiser Select Cradle Stakes by 2 1/4 lengths at Cincinnati's River Downs Sept. 7.
Turfway Park reported a 23.6% increase from 2005 in all-source handle during the fall meeting that ended Oct. 5 while on-track wagering posted a more modest 4.6% gain.
Favored Gouldings Green rolled from far back to win the $100,000 Turfway Park Fall Championship (gr. III) by a half-length Saturday in Kentucky for his fourth win in five starts.
American invader Gouldings Green captured the $151,600 Chinese Cultural Centre Seagram's Cup (Can-III) in convincing fashion Sunday at Woodbine.
Mjaka Stables' Junior College, making his stakes debut, set an Ellis Park track record for 6 1/2 furlongs en route to winning the $50,000 Don Bernhardt Saturday.
There were just five starters in the $100,000 Hanshin Cup Handicap (gr. III) at Arlington Park Saturday, but plenty of trouble nevertheless. Favored Gouldings Green was awarded victory when jockey Corey Lanerie was forced to take up while rallying along the inside, overturning a one-length victory by Fifteen Rounds.
Last after the first half-mile, jockey Brice Blanc guided Aud through traffic to register a neck victory over 51-1 May Gator in the $173,550 Cardinal Handicap (gr. IIIT) for fillies and mares on the Churchill Downs turf Saturday.
Willmott Stables Inc.'s Aud, a 15-1shot, rallied between horses mid-stretch and drew off to a 1 3/4-length win in the $175,000 Pucker Up Stakes (gr. IIIT) on Saturday at Arlington Park.
Most Popular Stories
- Promising Mastery Heads Los Al Futurity Field
- Del Mar to Pay Out Consolations for Pick 6
- End of Road for ‘Claiming Rule’ Challenge
- Woolf Award Finalists Announced
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Greatbullsoffire Tops Futurity
- Bowman Wins Hong Kong Jockey Championship
- Innovative Wagers Help Racetracks with Handle