The Oct. 5 City of Hope Stakes was meant as a trial run for No Jet Lag to see if he belonged in the Breeders' Cup Mile (gr. IT). He aced that test when he finished in 1:31.84, just off the record set last year by Wise Dan.
Making his second start in the U.S., No Jet Lag unleashed a strong turn of foot for a major upset in the Oct. 5 City of Hope Mile (gr. IIT) at Santa Anita Park as 1-2 favorite Obviously gave up the lead to finish fourth.
Up In Time picked up her second graded stakes win this year when she surged past Celestial Kitten in the final furlong to win the $100,000 Harold C. Ramser Sr. (gr. IIIT) on the turf at Santa Anita Oct. 16.
Recent British import Up In Time swept past pacesetter Mizdirection in deep stretch to produce an 11-1 upset in the $150,000 San Clemente Handicap (gr. IIT) on the Del Mar turf July 24.
For the third consecutive year, Jerry and Ann Moss were named Owners of the Year and their mare Zenyatta Horse of the Year by the Thoroughbred Owners of California.
Most Popular Stories
- Dettori Named 'World's Best Jockey' for 2015
- Tonalist Charges to Cigar Mile Victory
- Turfway Park Begins Four-Month Run Dec. 3
- Stormy Lucy Provides Matriarch Stunner
- Business Strong at Churchill Downs Fall Meet
- Los Alamitos Set for 12-Day Meet
- Average, Median Down at Tattersalls Mare Sale
- Mr Speaker Retired, Will Stand at Lane's End
- Del Mar Sees Daily Handle Drop for Fall Meet
- Melmich Breaks Track Record in Valedictory