The Mike Bass-trained Fly By Night won the Mercury Sprint (SAf-I) at Clairwood Park July 12, and in the process, became the second filly in a row to win Kwa-Zulu Natal's premier weight-for-age sprint.
Leading South African sire Silvano scored a group I double at Greyville June 1 when his unbeaten son Vercingetorix landed the Daily News 2000 and his daughter Do You Remember captured the Woolavington Stakes.
South African star mare Igugu will be reunited with regular rider Anthony Delpech for the $300,000 Jebel Hatta (UAE-I) March 9 at Meydan as she returns to take on Godolphin's Sajjhaa, who defeated her two weeks ago.
Jockey and trainer differ on gate seven for Vengeance of Rain in Sunday's Hong Kong Cup (HK-I).
Vengeance of Rain became the first Hong Kong winner on World Cup night when winning the $5 million Sheema Classic (UAE-I) over 12 furlongs on the grass.
An aborted plan to race in Australia earlier this season ended up benefiting Vengeance Of Rain, who on Dec. 11 won not only the group I, HK$18-million Cathay Pacific Hong Kong Cup at Sha Tin racecourse but also the title as champion of the World Racing Championships.
Hong Kong Derby (HK-I) winner Vengeance of Rain capped a superb 2005 campaign by winning the Hong Kong Champions & Chater Cup (HK-I) Sunday night a Sha Tin.
New Zealand-bred Vengeance of Rain, winner of the Hong Kong Derby earlier this year, unleashed a powerful drive down the straight for jockey Anthony Delpech to win the Queen Elizabeth II Cup (HK-I) at Sha Tin Racecourse Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Saratoga Attendance Spikes; Handle Declines
- Competitive Edge Super Sharp in Hopeful Romp
- Study: Boots, Wraps Increase Leg Heat during Exercise
- Miss Serendipity, Blanc Snatch Yellow Ribbon
- Del Mar Trainers to Hop in Bouncey Ball Race
- Sharp Sensation Edges Ben's Cat in 'Monster
- Fall Meet at Los Alamitos Begins Sept. 5
- Cary Street Rides Rail to Greenwood Surprise
- Protonico Surges in Smarty Jones for Pletcher
- Ring Weekend at Home on Turf in Saranac Win