The board of directors of the New York Racing Association met under the leadership of new board chair Michael Del Giudice for the first time June 24 in New York City.
New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo supports the decision by Anthony Bonomo to take a leave of absence as chairman of the New York Racing Association.
New NYRA chairman owns company that allegedly gave a lucrative no-show job to the son of a former state Senate majority leader who is fighting federal corruption charges.
A day after two horses broke down in the same race on the turf at Saratoga Race Course the issue dominated a scheduled New York Racing Association Equine Safety Committee.
Six weeks after the official start of the search for a chief executive officer for the New York Racing Association, chairman David Skorton indicated that the board is not close to naming Ellen McClain's successor.
The New York Racing Association has established an equine safety review board to review and assess fatal equine racing and training injuries at the organization's racetracks: Aqueduct, Belmont Park, and Saratoga.
Installing a synthetic surface for the inner track at Aqueduct Racetrack for the 2013-14 winter season is among the changes to NYRA policies and operations that will be considered by the board at its Jan. 25 meeting.
Most Popular Stories
- Jim Rome Remembers Shared Belief
- Runhappy Gets Back to Work at Keeneland
- Millionaire Grade I Winner Dads Caps Retired
- A Travers Day Christmas Present
- Del Mar Critics Speak Out at CHRB Meeting
- Full Travers Field Awaits Exaggerator
- Weak OBS August Sale Fails to Recover
- Flintshire Looking Strong for Sword Dancer
- California Chrome Superior in Pacific Classic
- Veitch's Suspension Sent Back to KHRC