Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Pine Bluff has been moved to Danny Duncan's 21 and Change near Trinity, Texas.
Trainer Don Rice, who was recently injured at his Central Florida farm, died Jan. 6 at a Gainesville hospital, Tampa Bay Downs has reported. He was 72.
Populi, dam of champion Vanlandingham, was euthanized Sept. 25 because of the infirmities of old age.
Little Missouri, a grade I winner and sire of champion and classic winner Prairie Bayou, was euthanized Sept. 8 because of the infirmities of old age.
Whiffling, whose son Prairie Bayou won the 1993 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) and the year's 3-year-old male championship, was euthanized Dec. 5 at the de Kwiatkowski family's Calumet Farm near Lexington because of the infirmities of old age.
Most Popular Stories
- Ramseys' Major Marvel Takes Barbados Gold Cup
- Honor Code Gets Tightener for Seasonal Debut
- Florida Derby Card to Receive Purse Incentive
- Game On Dude Captures Record Third Big 'Cap
- Hernandez Reaches 1,000th Victory Milestone
- Santa Anita Handicap Handle Increases 23%
- Featured Horse Profile: Palace Malice
- California Chrome Shines Again in San Felipe
- Palace Malice Returns a Winner in GP Handicap
- Ring Weekend Springs Tampa Bay Derby Upset