Preakness Stakes (gr. I) winner Pine Bluff has been moved to Danny Duncan's 21 and Change near Trinity, Texas.
Trainer Don Rice, who was recently injured at his Central Florida farm, died Jan. 6 at a Gainesville hospital, Tampa Bay Downs has reported. He was 72.
Populi, dam of champion Vanlandingham, was euthanized Sept. 25 because of the infirmities of old age.
Little Missouri, a grade I winner and sire of champion and classic winner Prairie Bayou, was euthanized Sept. 8 because of the infirmities of old age.
Whiffling, whose son Prairie Bayou won the 1993 Preakness Stakes (gr. I) and the year's 3-year-old male championship, was euthanized Dec. 5 at the de Kwiatkowski family's Calumet Farm near Lexington because of the infirmities of old age.
Most Popular Stories
- Borells Charged With Animal Cruelty
- Probe Into Abandoned Horses Continues
- Lady Shipman Stands Tall in Highlander
- Relief Comes to Abandoned Horses in Kentucky
- Danzing Candy to Make First Start for Baffert
- 'Ghost' Takes on Males in Queen's Plate
- Litfin at Large: The Mother Goose
- Rachel's Valentina Returns in Mother Goose
- Mr. Jordan, Green Gratto Face Off in Salvator
- Santa Anita Installs New Turf Course