Pride of New York, a son of Mt. Livermore who lived up to his name in a way by winning in New York in both his starts, will enter stud at Andy McKinnon's Anson Stud Farm near Caledon East, Ontario, Canada.
Trudy McCaffery and Ron Anson have been elected by the members of the Thoroughbred Owners of California to serve on the organization's board of directors. Ron Charles, Jack B. Owens, and Donald Valpredo were re-elected to the board.
The Breeders' Cup World Thoroughbred Championships aren't the only races being run this Saturday. Just ask Ron Anson, who with wife Susie owns a 4-year-old colt named Sign of Fire, scheduled to run at Tokyo Racecourse on Saturday in the $750,000 Musashino Stakes (Jpn-III).
With jockey Jose Valdivia Jr. in the distinctive Chicago Cubs uniform silks of owners Ron and Susie Anson, Tali'sluckybusride launched a winning bid on the second turn en route to a 4 1/2-length win in Sunday's $250,000 Oak Leaf Stakes (gr. I) at Santa Anita.
Former American claimer Lord Sterling gave his connections a thrill as he battled for the lead on the turn for home in the first running of the Japan Cup Dirt (Jpn-I) at Tokyo Race Course on Saturday, but Ron and Susie Anson's gutty Black Tie Affair gelding was overtaken in midstretch by a pair of Japanese runners, winding up third behind Wing Arrow and Sanford City in the 1 5/16-mile event.
American runners John's Call, Timboroa, Euchre, and Lord Sterling had their first serious exercise at Tokyo race course on Thursday in preparation for the Japan Racing Association's two major group I international races: the inaugural $2.4 million Japan Cup Dirt at 1 5/16 miles on Saturday and the $4.4 million Japan Cup run at a mile and a half over the turf on Sunday.
Most Popular Stories
- Louis Quatorze Dies of Heart Attack
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Uncontested to Skip Rebel Stakes
- El Areeb Confirmed to Start in Gotham Stakes
- Mo Town, Guest Suite Set for Risen Star Showdown
- Arrogate 'His Usual Self' in Five-Furlong Move
- International Star Could Add to Fair Grounds Success
- Mind Your Biscuits Set for Gulfstream Park Sprint
- Grade 1 Haskell Headlines Monmouth Stakes Schedule