Four grade I winners, including 2003 steeplechase champion McDynamo, headline the $50,000 Zeke Ferguson Memorial Hurdle Stakes (NSA-II) at Colonial Downs in New Kent, Va., Sunday.
Fox Ridge Farm's homebred Anofferucantrefuse went straight to the lead and never wavered over 2 1/16 miles to win in the A.P. Smithwick Memorial Handicap (NSA-II) at Saratoga Race Course Thursday.
Bill Pape's It's A Giggle, a winner of his last four starts at Saratoga, heads a probable field of nine for the National Steeplechase New York Turf Writers Cup (NSA-I) steeplechase stakes, to be run Thursday at Saratoga Race Course.
Anofferucantrefuse is moving up from novice conditions to take on a field of six experienced jumpers, including multiple winner It's a Giggle, in Thursday's $75,000A.P. Smithwick Memorial, going 2 1/16-miles over national fences, at Saratoga.
A talented field of 10 was entered in the $100,000 Meadow Brook Stakes (NSA-I) to be run Thursday at Belmont Park. The 2 1/2-mile hurdle stakes concludes the 2002 Steeplechase Triple Crown. The Meadow Brook will be the ninth race on the day, with a post time of 5:12 p.m.
McDynamo and Anofferucantrefuse, winners of the first two legs of the Steeplechase Triple Crown, head the nomination list for the $100,000 Meadow Brook Stakes (NSA-I), to be run Thursday, June 6 at Belmont Park.
Fox Ridge Farm's homebred Anofferucantrefuse beat favored McDynamo to the early lead, then was shadowed by that rival throughout the 2 1/8 mile course of the Joe Aitcheson Hurdle Stakes (NSA-I) en route to a two-length win Friday at Pimlico.
Most Popular Stories
- Broken Pelvis Cause of Charismatic's Death
- Horse of the Year Charismatic Dies
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - February 21, 2017
- One Liner Laughs Last in Southwest Stakes Victory
- Gun Runner Rolls to Razorback Handicap Victory
- Guest Suite Fires Bullet in Preparation for Risen Star
- Classic Empire, McCraken Individual Favorites in Pool 3
- Trainer Stuart Earns Career Victory 1,000
- Classic Empire Out of Fountain of Youth
- Grade 1 Winner Gormley Works Toward Next Start