Total on-site pari-mutuel wagering at Delaware Park in 2013 totaled $149.2 million, down 4.1% from $155.5 million in 2012, according to the annual report released Feb. 6 by the Delaware Thoroughbred Racing Commission.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association is anticipating a fiscal year 2013 budget of $8.21 million, according to its latest annual report.
- By Tom LaMarra
Operating revenue for the National Thoroughbred Racing Association was down 45.2% in 2009 from 2008, but expenses were down 47.5% year-to-year, leading the organization to suggest it should have a balanced budget for 2010.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association and Breeders' Cup Ltd. on Oct. 12 publicly issued separate annual reports for the first time since the two groups formed an alliance in 2001.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has budgeted $65.6 million in operating revenue for 2005, according to the organization's annual report, which was released Thursday.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association anticipates bottom-line revenue for 2004 will come in at $400,000, up from $307,895 in 2003. Total operating revenues are expected to increase by more than $6 million this year.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association, in its 2001-02 annual report released May 7, outlines a $59.5-million budget that relies heavily on revenue from Breeders' Cup Ltd. and membership dues.
The National Thoroughbred Racing Association in 2000 had $4.81 million in operating revenue over operating expenses, compared with a $1.82 million deficit in operating revenue in 1999. That's a swing of $6.6 million to the positive side of the fiscal ledger.
Most Popular Stories
- Keeneland's Historical Racing Plans Delayed
- Irish Surf Runs Away in Cougar II Marathon
- Dance With Fate's Exercise Rider Has Surgery
- Dance With Fate Euthanized After Accident
- Whitney Card's Grade I Races Taking Shape
- LoPresti Unfazed by Slow Move from Wise Dan
- V. E. Day Gives Lezcano Win 2,000 in Curlin
- Untapable Favored in Haskell Against Boys
- Little Alexis Set for Test After Bullet Move
- Ami's Holiday Leads Prince of Wales Lineup