The National Thoroughbred Racing Association has made tangible progress over the past year, but the goal of becoming a national office for a major league sport is still dangling like a carrot, commissioner Tim Smith said Sept. 22 during the organization's Annual Meeting and Marketing Summit.
The producer, director, and screenwriter of the movie Seabiscuit believes horse racing is ripe for growth -- if it focuses on the characters in the game rather than the gambling aspects of it.
Most Popular Stories
- Chrome Set for Pennsylvania Derby Return
- Which Game On Dude Will Show Up in Classic?
- Obviously Targets Del Mar Mile Three-Peat
- CHRB Amends Fee Scale for Losing Jockeys
- Shared Belief Favored in Pacific Classic
- Tapestry Upsets Taghrooda in Yorkshire Oaks
- Big Blue Kitten Back in Jersey's Cliff Hanger
- TVG to Have Enhanced Pacific Classic Coverage
- Champion Benny the Bull to Bridlewood in 2015
- Seaway Draws Well-Balanced Field of 11