With Canada's horse racing industry celebrating its 250th anniversary this year, leading industry groups in the country are calling on tracks, training centers, agricultural societies, communities, farms, and fans to mark the occasion.
- By Adam Spradling
- Thoroughbred Racing, Thoroughbred Breeding, Thoroughbred Sales, Kentucky, Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association
Ed Bowen guides us through the rich history of BloodHorse's coverage of the Thoroughbred industry.
Kent Hollingsworth, editor of The Blood-Horse from 1963-87, a 'most unforgettable character'
An anniversary party April 9 included a charity auction.
On March 7 at Santa Anita Park the track and Seabiscuit Heritage Foundation will celebrate the 75th Anniversary of Seabiscuit and Red Pollard's history-making win in the Santa Anita Handicap of 1940.
- By Steve Haskin
If you ask someone to pick out one memorable victory by Ruffian they would have a hard time singling one out. That is because Ruffian's career was not made up of one or two standout performances. read blog
Trainer Jim Bond explains why Saratoga is special. Jim tells how long he has been training at Saratoga, how many horses he has running at the meet this year, and the New York Bred program. watch video
Experience a tour of the National Museum of Racing and Hall of Fame while highlighting Saratoga's 150th Anniversary. watch video
Images from the Joseph Widener Collection taken at Saratoga Race Course.
Atlantic City Race Course, which held its six-day Turf Festival of live racing earlier this year but is open year-round for full-card simulcasts, will pass another milestone July 22 when it celebrates its 65th anniversary.
Most Popular Stories
- Phipps, Gaines, Winn Named 2017 Pillars of the Turf
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Laurel Stakes Schedule Features $1.6 Million in Purses
- Curlin Colt Sets Midlantic Record at $1.5 Million
- Agent O'Neill Bullish on Stallion Orb
- Phipps Family to Receive Inaugural Dinny Phipps Award
- McCraken Back on Work Tab After Derby Disappointment
- Thunder Snow, Churchill Face Off in Irish 2,000 Guineas
- What's Going On Here: The Pay Off