Highcliff Stallions in New York has moved its six stallions to McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds for the 2013 season.
A pilot program in New York is said to have the potential to increase the profitability and number of horse-related businesses in Saratoga County, where the horse industry's impact is valued at more than $317 million.
The New York Farm Viability Institute (NYFVI) awarded $80,000 to Cornell Cooperative Extension (CCE) of Saratoga County for a pilot project that could evolve into a statewide or national resource for the horse industry.
Grade II winner Halory Hunter (Jade Hunter -- Halory, by Halo) arrived at Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds on Feb. 12 to stand the 2003 breeding season.
Wheelaway, winner of the 2000 Tampa Bay Derby, has been retired from racing will stand the 2003 season at Joe and Anne McMahon's McMahon of Saratoga Thoroughbreds in upstate New York. His stud fee for 2003 is set at $6,000.
Most Popular Stories
- Jack Milton to be Offered at Fasig-Tipton
- Midas Touch to Rockridge Stud in 2016
- The Week in Photos for 10/13/2015
- Houston Racetrack Owner Dies in Accident
- Claiborne Adds Lea, Announces 2016 Fees
- Bayern's 2016 Fee Announced at $15,000
- Upcoming Open Houses, Stallion Shows
- McGaughey Pleased With Honor Code's Breeze
- Keeneland Racing Surface Procedures Reviewed
- Artemis Agrotera May Return in Breeders' Cup