Retired trainer Mel Stute will be discharged from a rehab facility in Pomona, Calif., Dec. 29, according to his son, trainer Gary Stute.
Trainer Mel Stute was resting comfortably at Cedars-Sinai Hospital in Los Angeles on the morning of Dec. 8 after falling in his home the previous night.
Trainer Mel Stute picked up the 2,000th victory of his career when 25-1 shot Score for Fun went gate-to-wire while defeating six other 2-year-old maiden claimers in the first race at Hollywood Park Dec. 11.
Gary Stute had the only winning Pick Six ticket at Oak Tree Sunday worth $124,881, thanks in large part to a victory by the mare he trains, Da Svedonya, who paid $14.40 in winning the seventh race for $12,500 claiming fillies and mares.
Del Mar Futurity (gr. II) prospect Perfect Moon was sold today by owners Annabelle Stute and The Hat Ranch to Royce Jaime for a price characterized as "mid-six figures."
Perfect Moon spoiled the stakes debut of highly regarded Ruler's Court in the $102,500 Hollywood Juvenile Championship (gr. III) at Hollywood Park Saturday with a crafty ride from Patrick Valenzuela.
Most Popular Stories
- Derby Battle: Tapit vs. Uncle Mo
- Nyquist Ships to Churchill Day After Work
- A Derby Rookie's First Churchill Morning
- Uncle Lino Game in California Chrome Stakes
- Toews On Ice Glides to William Walker Win
- Alert Bay Holds Tough in San Francisco Mile
- Exaggerator Works for Kentucky Derby Bid
- Dettori Strikes With 'Gold' in 2000 Guineas
- Ward Sends Three Fillies in Kentucky Juvenile
- Danzing Candy Logs Final Derby Breeze