Trainer Gai Waterhouse notched a ninth Flight Stakes (Aus-I) success when Global Glamour led all the way to take the Aus$500,000 race Oct. 1 at Randwick.
The Thoroughbred Owners and Breeders Association will conduct two educational events and hold its annual members meeting in Saratoga Springs, N.Y., during the second week of August.
Fasig-Tipton has promoted four staff members, the sale company recently announced. Max Hodge, Evan Ferraro, Reed Ringler and Anna Seitz will all begin their new roles effective immediately.
A Youtube video showing Anna Seitz, managing partner of Hit the Board Stables, cheering home the outfit's Thoroughbred I'm Already Sexy to a victory in the Modesty Handicap (gr. IIIT) sums up the joys of racehorse ownership.
After three years as a key member of trainer Todd Pletcher's administrative team, Versailles, Ky., native Anna Seitz will return to her home state to join Fasig-Tipton as a marketing assistant and client coordinator.
It was exactly noon when the Brook Ledge van came to a stop at the loading ramp on the Oklahoma training track, a short distance from Todd Pletcher's barn. Arriving from Belmont Park following the four-hour ride was the queen of American racing, Rags to Riches. This was a scene many thought would never be played out.
The key to any Thoroughbred trainer's success is the quality of people around them. Trainer Todd Pletcher learned that from his mentor, Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas. Pletcher, the two-time Eclipse Award-winning trainer, is working with the same model. Holding down the Churchill Downs barn is assistant Mike McCarthy.
Most Popular Stories
- Accelerate Springs Stunning Upset as Arrogate Falters
- Lady Eli Runs 'One of Her Greatest Races to Date'
- Firenze Fire Upsets Sanford Stakes
- As Arrogate's Stature Builds, So Do Expectations
- Twisted Tom Muscles His Way to New York Derby Score
- Always Dreaming, Cloud Computing, Tapwrit Work at Spa
- Maryland Horse of the Year Ben's Cat Dies
- Hunt Overcomes Trouble to Win Eddie Read
- Dream It Is The Real Deal in Schuylerville
- Classic Empire to Resume Galloping