After three years as a key member of trainer Todd Pletcher's administrative team, Versailles, Ky., native Anna Seitz will return to her home state to join Fasig-Tipton as a marketing assistant and client coordinator.
It was exactly noon when the Brook Ledge van came to a stop at the loading ramp on the Oklahoma training track, a short distance from Todd Pletcher's barn. Arriving from Belmont Park following the four-hour ride was the queen of American racing, Rags to Riches. This was a scene many thought would never be played out.
The key to any Thoroughbred trainer's success is the quality of people around them. Trainer Todd Pletcher learned that from his mentor, Hall of Fame trainer D. Wayne Lukas. Pletcher, the two-time Eclipse Award-winning trainer, is working with the same model. Holding down the Churchill Downs barn is assistant Mike McCarthy.
Most Popular Stories
- Mike Mitchell to Step Down as Head Trainer
- Harlan's Holiday Colt Posts Swiftest OBS Work
- Daring Dancer Wins Appalachian With Key Move
- Take Charge Lady Kentucky Broodmare of Year
- Strait of Mewsina Sires First Foal
- European Mark Smashed Again at Tattersalls
- Quality Road's First Starter Scores Easy Win
- Ky Derby: Form, Pedigree, Speed, & Red Flags
- Key Owners, Trainers to Publicize Vet Records
- Broodmare of the Year Take Charge Lady