Anna "Rosie" Napravnik was back on horses Sept. 22 for the first time since undergoing multiple surgeries on a broken arm incurred in a July 6 spill at Delaware Park, the jockey reported Sept. 23.
Pants On Fire, the lesser-regarded half of a coupled entry for George and Lori Hall and trainer Kelly Breen, outdueled favored Mucho Macho Man and held off longshot Nehro to win the $1 million Louisiana Derby (gr. II).
With Anna Napravnik aboard, Demarcation rallied from last and ran down Discreetly Mine inside the final furlong to win the $125,000 Mineshaft Handicap (gr. III) by a head Feb. 19 at Fair Grounds.
Gran Estreno made a bold move on the final turn and pulled away from a good field in the stretch to win the Colonel E. R. Bradley Handicap (gr. IIIT) by 1 1/4 lengths Jan. 22 at Fair Grounds.
Just For Fun Stable's Decisive Moment and Prime Equestrian S.A.R.L.'s Flash Mash could be the respective favorites for the Jean Lafitte Stakes and My Trust Cat Stakes Jan. 14 at Delta Downs.
Anna "Rosie" Napravnik ended a successful campaign as an apprentice rider with three victories on Wednesday's card at Laurel Park, giving the 18-year-old 279 wins as a bug rider with earnings of $5,346,154.
My Lord roared home from far back on the final turn to take a late lead and edge away to win the $94,500 Grey Goose Stakes, a five-furlong turf event on Saturday's Preakness Stakes (gr. ) day program at Pimlico Race Course.
Seventeen-year-old Anna Rosie Napravnik, a former exercise rider, made her dream a reality June 9 when she guided Ringofdiamonds home at Pimlico Race Course in her first official mount.
Most Popular Stories
- Champion Songbird Confirmed for Ogden Phipps
- Classic Empire to Begin Belmont Training
- Epicharis Begins Journey to Belmont Park
- Catch A Glimpse Has Homecoming in Nassau
- Leslie's Lady in Foal to American Pharoah
- Midnight Storm Seeks Grade 1 Dirt Win in Gold Cup
- Classic Empire to Coolmore on Retirement
- CHRB Approves Medication Conditions for Breeders' Cup
- Lady Eli Brings Her Class to Gamely
- Humane Society, PETA Support USADA Bill