An unexpectedly fierce bidding war for a Quality Road colt produced a $710,000 session-topping price Sunday to open the Keeneland September yearling sale's Book 3 at a session that otherwise underperformed.
A colt by second-crop sire Quality Road was sold late in the afternoon to Walnut Green, agent, for $710,000 during the sixth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 20 in Lexington.
Ted O'Neill, who owned Ann Marie Farm near Paris, Ky., with his wife, Noreen, died Oct. 3 in San Francisco after battling a respiratory disease.
Unheralded Kilgowan, knocked off stride by Skipaslew a furlong from the finish, recovered to pull off a huge upset in the $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Swipe at Belmont Preparing for His Return
- Illuminant Upsets Wekeela in Gamely Stakes
- Creator Works, Set for Trip to New York
- Cyrus Alexander Wins Lone Star Handicap
- Suddenbreakingnews Now 'Official Ridgling'
- Exaggerator Gallops Lap Around Belmont Track
- Living The Life Beats Males in All American
- Untapable Prepares for Start in Fleur de Lis
- The Art of Exaggerator's Stud Deal
- Leroidesanimaux Dies at 16