Kentucky-bred Peruvian champion Ryans Charm won the Gran Premio Pamplona (Per-I) for the second consecutive year June 26 at Hipodromo Monterrico near Lima.
An unexpectedly fierce bidding war for a Quality Road colt produced a $710,000 session-topping price Sunday to open the Keeneland September yearling sale's Book 3 at a session that otherwise underperformed.
A colt by second-crop sire Quality Road was sold late in the afternoon to Walnut Green, agent, for $710,000 during the sixth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 20 in Lexington.
Ted O'Neill, who owned Ann Marie Farm near Paris, Ky., with his wife, Noreen, died Oct. 3 in San Francisco after battling a respiratory disease.
Unheralded Kilgowan, knocked off stride by Skipaslew a furlong from the finish, recovered to pull off a huge upset in the $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Thoroughbred Makeover Accepting Applications
- Castellano Aims for More Gulfstream Success
- Casse Mulls Derby Path for Classic Empire
- Lukas Drops by to See Old Friend Charismatic
- Sportech New Tote Provider for Ellis Park
- What's Going On Here: Next Up
- HK Jockey Club, Longines Extend Partnership
- Sherman Accepts Big Sport of Turfdom Award
- BloodHorse, Weatherbys Launch Stallions App
- Keeneland Catalogs 1,892 for January Sale