Kentucky-bred Peruvian champion Ryans Charm won the Gran Premio Pamplona (Per-I) for the second consecutive year June 26 at Hipodromo Monterrico near Lima.
An unexpectedly fierce bidding war for a Quality Road colt produced a $710,000 session-topping price Sunday to open the Keeneland September yearling sale's Book 3 at a session that otherwise underperformed.
A colt by second-crop sire Quality Road was sold late in the afternoon to Walnut Green, agent, for $710,000 during the sixth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 20 in Lexington.
Ted O'Neill, who owned Ann Marie Farm near Paris, Ky., with his wife, Noreen, died Oct. 3 in San Francisco after battling a respiratory disease.
Unheralded Kilgowan, knocked off stride by Skipaslew a furlong from the finish, recovered to pull off a huge upset in the $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Arrogate Lands Post Nine For Dubai World Cup
- Steve Haskin's Derby Dozen - March 21, 2017
- Conquest Mo Money Carries Local Hopes in Sunland Derby
- Highland Reel Among World Cup Day Turf Runners
- Classic Empire Back to Work in Ocala
- Gun Runner Brings Consistent Class to World Cup Stage
- Suffolk Downs Files Paperwork for Racetrack Sale
- Mastery to Claiborne Farm Upon Retirement
- Kitten's Cat Poised for Spiral Stakes
- Mo Don't Know Named Ohio Horse of the Year