Kentucky-bred Peruvian champion Ryans Charm won the Gran Premio Pamplona (Per-I) for the second consecutive year June 26 at Hipodromo Monterrico near Lima.
An unexpectedly fierce bidding war for a Quality Road colt produced a $710,000 session-topping price Sunday to open the Keeneland September yearling sale's Book 3 at a session that otherwise underperformed.
A colt by second-crop sire Quality Road was sold late in the afternoon to Walnut Green, agent, for $710,000 during the sixth session of the Keeneland September yearling sale Sept. 20 in Lexington.
Ted O'Neill, who owned Ann Marie Farm near Paris, Ky., with his wife, Noreen, died Oct. 3 in San Francisco after battling a respiratory disease.
Unheralded Kilgowan, knocked off stride by Skipaslew a furlong from the finish, recovered to pull off a huge upset in the $200,000 El Camino Real Derby (gr. III) at Golden Gate Fields Saturday.
Most Popular Stories
- Pinhooking Rookie Scores Big at Keeneland
- NBC Will Air Pegasus World Cup
- California Chrome Arrives at Santa Anita
- Songbird Untouchable in Cotillion
- Connect Bounces Back in Pennsylvania Derby
- The RNA Conundrum at Public Auctions
- BH 100: Shooting Star
- Texas Bling Retired to Stud
- Have Horseplayers Lost Touch With the Horse?
- Tampa Bay Announces Richest Stakes Schedule