The New York Racing Association is projecting a surplus next year, its first since 2000, despite an estimated drop in handle at its three racetracks brought on by the economic downturn. But regulators Dec. 22 were unconvinced about some of the optimistic forecasts, and deferred approving NYRA's 2009 budget.
Most Popular Stories
- Australia Easy Juddmonte International Winner
- The Jockey Club Elects Six New Members
- RCI Votes Increased Multiple NSAID Penalties
- Brief Fair Meet at Timonium Begins Aug. 22
- Thoro-Graph Products Added to Equibase.com
- Shared Belief Looking to Retain His Throne
- Haskin: Viva Travers!
- Big Three Clash in Rich Travers Stakes
- Value in Young Sires at Keeneland September
- Champion English Channel Relocates to Calumet